Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryb
    I have gone through 2 retractable headsets, both failed after only a few weeks (broken wire at the connector that plugs into the treo.)
    I first got a 2-in-1 regular headset and then ordered the 2-in-1 retractable one. It failed after only a few weeks - same problem as you, broken wire at the connector.

Went back to using the regular 2-in-1. Broken wire at the earplug end after one week.

Seidio promptly credited the first one (out of stock) but I couldn't be bothered to E-mail them again when the other one broke.

Am now using a Sony Ericsson 2-in-1 headset which in one way is better as the microphone is attached close to one of the earplugs, but I really miss not to be able to adjust the volume on the headset the way you can on Seidio.
    Last edited by Marianne; 08/08/2005 at 04:37 PM.
    I've got the Seidio Innodock, their rollup USB S&C cable and their shield holster. I have no problems with any of these devices.

I've had the cradle for a couple of months, the S&C cable since I October and the holster for two months too.

I don't know how many people usually post about non-issues, but I thought I'd put my neck out about the fact that I haven't had any problems.
    My second Seidio retractable 2-in-1 headset has just stopped working after 3 months! No unusual wear, it just produces a scratchy noise when I plug it in (same thing with the previous one that lasted about 2 months).
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Anyone get one that HASN'T broken with regular use?

I ordered one the other day and now I'm wondering if I made a mistake.

Does anyone else make a similar device that can be used as both headphones for mp3 and easily switch to phone mode that is retractable and doesn't break?
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I have a 2 in 1 retractable that just bit the dust. Same thing. Crackles and scratches if I move it. what a pain. it worked for 1 month
    Did you retract it fully when you used it, or just part of the way?

Anyone have one that *hasn't* broken on them??
    Quote Originally Posted by adamaz
    Does anyone else make a similar device that can be used as both headphones for mp3 and easily switch to phone mode that is retractable and doesn't break?
    I've been looking for the same thing after hearing all the Seidio horror stories. If I had a 650 I would go with the Palm hybrid headset even though it's not retractable. It reportedly has pretty good audio quality:

http://web.palm.com/products/Product...0018&cat=20023

Not retractable, I know, but I haven't heard of any other hybrid retractable options.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninodelsol
    I've been looking for the same thing after hearing all the Seidio horror stories. If I had a 650 I would go with the Palm hybrid headset even though it's not retractable. It reportedly has pretty good audio quality:

http://web.palm.com/products/Product...0018&cat=20023

Not retractable, I know, but I haven't heard of any other hybrid retractable options.
    I just got this hybrid one after my Seidio stopped working. Audio-wise its good, but I find the wires very annoying, especially the one side much shorter than the other!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marianne
    I first got a 2-in-1 regular headset and then ordered the 2-in-1 retractable one. It failed after only a few weeks - same problem as you, broken wire at the connector.

Went back to using the regular 2-in-1. Broken wire at the earplug end after one week.

Seidio promptly credited the first one (out of stock) but I couldn't be bothered to E-mail them again when the other one broke.

Am now using a Sony Ericsson 2-in-1 headset which in one way is better as the microphone is attached close to one of the earplugs, but I really miss not to be able to adjust the volume on the headset the way you can on Seidio.
    Just noticed this post. Marianne, can you please let us know where you got that Sony Ericsson 2-in-1 headset? I've been searching around but could not find anything. Do you have a link?
    I have the 2 in 1 hi end earphones. They work fine, although I wouldn't call the sound quality "high end." Ocaissionally heavy base sounds garbled. However, they work about as good as a basic set of earbuds and I like the 2 in 1 capabilities which permit me to listen to music when I wouldn't ordinarily be able to.

I also have the retractable sych/charger. This is totally great given I used to haul around a huge charger on my earlier palm products. I have not had a single problem with this and would recommend it to anyone.

Granted, I hear a lot of complaints about Seidio, but they're pretty much the only game in town on these two very convenient items. I do treat the retractable wires with kid gloves, but I have yet to have any issues.

Would I be willing to pay more for better quality products that I can abuse? Yes. But until those become available, I can't really complain about Seidio.
    Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    (sigh)

Lamentably, I read all of these forum reviews AFTER buying my Seidio 2-in-1 retractable unit... and it looks like I didn't beat the odds either!

Right out of the little baggie that it is sent in, I noticed the cheap construction and just rolled my eyes... what a waste of 35 bucks. Even so, I promised myself I would treat it as if it were my first-born, so I wouldn't join the ranks of unpleased customers.

Well, much to my chagrin, the stupid thing DOESN'T WORK BRAND NEW! It only plays in the left headphone (the headphones are in fine working order). I've tried fidgeting with the wires and pressing buttons, but to no avail. It will only work if the jack is pulled out *just* so.

Good concept, horrible execution! SAVE YOUR MONEY. I'm returning mine.
    I have their G2500 GSM kit - I have been through two of them - one with bad MIC connector and one with bad Power connector and low speaker volume. This time around, on the RMA, they won't even send me a new kit (even though I offered charging to my AMEX until I return the old kit). So I am waiting for a third one. The tech support is good, but I am not too fond of their customer support.
    I wouldn't buy anything from Seido ever - seen way too many horror stories going back way too long to ever consider their products.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Yea, I've tried to tell myself the same thing. Problem is, no one else has any damn products. I broke down and bought the behind the neck earphones to replace the second set of earphones to quit working within a few months.

I will say this, people who complined they could not hear me when using the inline earphone mic before, say it sounds good now.

Lets just see how long it takes to fall apart this time.
    I've got the inno-dock and the retractable charger. So far, I've had no trouble with either of those, nor did I with the retractable charger or the carset I had for my 600.

The thing is, to me, most of these items are not selling at the highest price point and you get what you pay for. I am careful about how I pull out the charger and retract it, and I know that it's not indestructible. I also don't use it all day everyday.

The Innodock is great since I can leave my 650 in its case and still use the dock. I'm tempted to get the extra battery charger to go along with it.
    Went throught two Treo600 Seidio sync-and-charge cable(s) in about a year. Both stopped working due to the connections gettting loose after using them for a while. Same issue both times: still charged OK from the USB, but wouldn't sync any longer unless i held it just right while the sync was happening. I think the first one was only 3 months and the second about 6-8 months. Seidio did replace the first one for free, but once the second one stopped working, I decided to buy an OEM version from Palm.

The Palm sync/charge has been working fine now for over 6 months and does not seem to suffer from the 'loosening' problem that happened to the Seidio models. Plus the connector head and sync button are actually is the same as the sync connector that came with the phone. (Big gray button instead of a little black pin).

That said, Palm should include a sync/charge cable with the product in addition to the wall charger, but that's another issue alltogether.
    I haven't tried anything Seidio, but after reading this post I won't. There are an overwhelming number of complaints here, but that isn't my reason why. It's the lack of explanation from the Sedio rep. If this was my company and I knew we made a good product, I would defend and explain why the product sucked, but now is terrific. Seems he has many posts that simply said email me or contact cust support for a return.
    Its interesting that at least a few of their items were reviewed so highly on this website considering the real world experiences that I am reading out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsaxton
    Its interesting that at least a few of their items were reviewed so highly on this website considering the real world experiences that I am reading out here.
    Most of the issues I'm reading about here seem to stem from repeated use with the retractable 2-in-1 headsets. I haven't reviewed that particular item yet (not a big fan of cable headsets), but their retractable HotSync cable is a winner and is always with me when I'm on the road.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Quote Originally Posted by vara411
    (sigh)

Well, much to my chagrin, the stupid thing DOESN'T WORK BRAND NEW! It only plays in the left headphone (the headphones are in fine working order). I've tried fidgeting with the wires and pressing buttons, but to no avail. It will only work if the jack is pulled out *just* so.

Good concept, horrible execution! SAVE YOUR MONEY. I'm returning mine.
    Actually, you may not have the T650 version of the headset. I bought the Sprint version and had the exact same problem you describe. Then I found out that the 2.5 mm connector had three bands and not two like the Treo plug.

Many 2.5 stereo headsets and adapters are NOT compatible with the T650.

Are you sure you have the right one? I didn't.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast