Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I have:

The cradle for the 650 for the car i believe the 2100 is kinda crapy but works once you wiggle it, just a lil bit. I heard they upgraded their charge/sync cables however I have tried 2 that I bought, worked great for about one month, then crap. I use and original palm cable now. No problems what so ever. I blame a little bit of this on Palm. I have never seen such a piece of crap way of connecting a charge/data cable. My PALMONE charge cable for my car constantly comes un-done when any sory of pull is applied.

Seidio seems to have all the neat stuff but the Quality sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by apcmiami
    I have:

The cradle for the 650 for the car i believe the 2100 is kinda crapy but works once you wiggle it, just a lil bit. I heard they upgraded their charge/sync cables however I have tried 2 that I bought, worked great for about one month, then crap. I use and original palm cable now. No problems what so ever. I blame a little bit of this on Palm. I have never seen such a piece of crap way of connecting a charge/data cable. My PALMONE charge cable for my car constantly comes un-done when any sory of pull is applied.

Can't comment about the car cradle since I don't have one, but the INNODock desktop cradle and the High End 2 in 1 Retractable Earbuds Headset for the Treo 650 are both working great for me. I will post a review of both within the next day or two...
    David
    My PALMONE charge cable for my car constantly comes un-done when any sory of pull is applied.
    Ya shoulda gotten the Rugged car charger from the TC store....well, I guess you still can.

That's what it appears like to me. I think I should be safe on the non-retractable 2-in-1 adapter though. Are there other 2-in-1 adapters that might be cheaper?? RadioShack??
  4. DFS
    Add another name to the ever lengthening list of disappointed Seidio consumers. After almost EXACTLY one year, by 2-1 Headset for my Treo 600 died. I called what Seidio laughingly calls Customer Service and was told that the warranty is six months and that there was nothing that they could do...no replacement...no discount...no help. When I mentioned that I would be posting this experience here, the "Customer Service" representative wanted me to stress that my headset DID LAST A YEAR! WOW! I am glad Seidio has such high expectations for their products!

Please, please, please consider your purchase of a Seidio product carefully!
    Quote Originally Posted by DFS
    the "Customer Service" representative wanted me to stress that my headset DID LAST A YEAR!
    LOL! That's hillarius
    I have experienced problems in the past with seidio but I purchased the high quality headset and really love it hope it lasts.

Fred
    I would never buy anyhting from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    I have experienced problems in the past with seidio but I purchased the high quality headset and really love it hope it lasts.

Fred
    Same here. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now and have grown quite attadhed to. Same thing with the INNODock cradle.
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I would never buy anyhting from them.
    it doesnt seem like too many people have much luck with these guys. it is never a good sign when the word "crap" is used many times by many users...i have a hard time thinking i would use (or at least attempt to use) thier stuff if it was given to me. thier pricing does not seem very good either.
    Sounds not a good company to do business with. I will shop around than.
    Thanks for the headup.
    Quote Originally Posted by cliemx
    Sounds not a good company to do business with. I will shop around than.
    Thanks for the headup.
    Like everything else, opinions are...subjective. I had some questions/issues with the high end 2 in 1's, and I received immediate response and info. I think that Seidio is very much aware that they have a problem with their image and is in the middle of trying to change that by focusing on customer service and consistency in product quality...
    David
    Yup....definitely seems like they're trying to turn themselves around alright...but until I hear nothing but good things from them, I'm not buyin' it!
    First, I'd like to say that TreoCentral support has been good for me...
    But
    I bought a Sedio Retractable S&C Cable (w/Button) for Treo 650 and it broke in less than one week. It was cracked where the cable exits the reel. When I examined the plastic this reel was made of and the design and construction of it, I know this thing will not last anyone more than a year. It will fatigue and crack. I will show the reel to my mechanical engineer tomorrow and get more info on the composition and design but it is terrible. The sync cable itself is pretty nice...fits the Treo better than Palm's.

I am sooooo happy I did not get that $40 charger. I am right now very leary of this company's products.
    I am stationed overseas and own a TREO 600 and was in the market for some accessories. So I placed a order with Seidio. But Seidio cant/wont ship to my APO via USPS unless you want to go with USPS Express three day service for 36.00. "USPS Express only guarantees the package three days to the APO point not to adressee." What a waste of money.
    Anyone know anyone who sells Seidio products and is APO shipping Freindly?
    Does anyone have the email or phone # to the Seidio company President?

Shipping to a APO is just like mailing a christmas card.

Thanks for your support

Mike C
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCairo
    I am stationed overseas and own a TREO 600 and was in the market for some accessories. So I placed a order with Seidio. But Seidio cant/wont ship to my APO via USPS unless you want to go with USPS Express three day service for 36.00. "USPS Express only guarantees the package three days to the APO point not to adressee." What a waste of money.

Thanks for your support

Mike C
    MIke,

Let me check into it.

David chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyCairo

Thanks for your support

Mike C

Hi Mike,

It's very strange that you were limited to only shipping your order USPS EXpress. I would like to extend my sincerest apologies and would like for you to email me at lisatso@seidio.com so that we can work out a way for you to place your order with us.

Thank You,
    Lisa
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    When I examined the plastic this reel was made of and the design and construction of it, I know this thing will not last anyone more than a year. It will fatigue and crack. I will show the reel to my mechanical engineer tomorrow and get more info on the composition and design but it is terrible. The sync cable itself is pretty nice...fits the Treo better than Palm's.
    Hi there, just wondering where do you work, and what did the mechanical engineer say about the reel?

Just curious...
    Thanx!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13jack
    Hi there, just wondering where do you work, and what did the mechanical engineer say about the reel?

Just curious...
    Thanx!
    I did not get to talk to my engineer yet, but I took a picture. The reel is made of a soft plastic that once ist is fatugued it will crack or tear easily. The way the spring is loaded there should be minimum stress on the reel if you pull on the cable close to the reel and 'feel' for the sprin, also slightly it reel back in to get it to lock. But if the reel were extended fully a number of times it will eventurally stress where it exits the reel. (I tried to mark up this pic but it did not come out right so this is just the plain pic...I think everyone can follow along
    Attached Images Attached Images
    BTW, this is not a theory, I have seen this on a number of sync cables, including my first Sedio sync cable.

But I will retract my statement that 'I know this thing will not last anyone more than a year'. It depends on how carefully it is used. If you pull on it till it is fully extended such that the cable (see left going side of cable exiting the reel) is pulling against the locked reel, the plastic will stress. I would recommend stopping just short of full extension.
    Man, good thing I read this thread (and others). I was just about to order the 2-in-1 adapter for my 600 because of the cool concept, but it seems that the quality is no so reliable (or at least there aren't enough people saying that their products are holding up).

You guys just saved me $30.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast