1.    #1  
    Is it possible to put chatter or any of the databases etc on a Storage card?

I am finding chatter eating up almost 4 MB worth of space.

Also I have an AOL account setup on chatter and it won't let me delete any of the mail. Any ideas?

Thanks
    I don't think you can move any to sd but when I had an issue with chatter growing I remember marc saying that the cea or ceo files one or the other not sure about the name its been awhile but the files are followed by a bunch of numbers and they were related to opening attachments like pic's.. hope this helps and sorry I don't remember the exact file names but using filez or any file manager you should be able to track them down and notice the abnormal sizes..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    DeathToToasters - Chatter will always have to live in RAM, but the ability to store all messages on SD card is coming pretty soon (first in a beta version, of course). There will be very little footprint left in RAM; I estimate about 1MB for 16,000 messages.

As far as AOL, I'm not sure what you're saying; I'm not aware of any problems like that with AOL. Can you explain more of what you're seeing? Are you using AOL in "push" mode or on a schedule?

Marc
  4.    #4  
    Marc,

I am using it in push mode. When I go to delete any email from the AOL account within chatter, it tells me that it cannot be moved to the deleted folder.

The method I am using, is opening the piece of mail, then using the red X. If I use the list and then the options menu to delete the item, nothing happens at all.

The exact message is: Move Failed, folder: Deleted Items

Needless to say I have a large AOL mailbox now within chatter which I am thinking may start to cause problems right about now.....it is almost 4 MB.
    Can you go to "Edit Mailbox" -> "Other" for the AOL Mailbox and tell me what settings you have?

Marc
  6.    #6  
    The only thing checked is move deleted messages to deleted items.
    Uncheck that please and everything will work properly.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by mblank
    DeathToToasters - Chatter will always have to live in RAM, but the ability to store all messages on SD card is coming pretty soon (first in a beta version, of course). There will be very little footprint left in RAM; I estimate about 1MB for 16,000 messages.

As far as AOL, I'm not sure what you're saying; I'm not aware of any problems like that with AOL. Can you explain more of what you're seeing? Are you using AOL in "push" mode or on a schedule?

Marc
    ok what is "push" mode and how is it checked within chatter? I have AOL, all is fine - getting AOL mail and deleting, etc. Just for my knowledge please. Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    It means that you are alerted to new mail and other changes within seconds of when they happen. This is only possible with compatible servers, but AOL happens to be compatible. You are in online mode if "Offline" is NOT checked in the "Deliver" page of "Edit Mailbox".

Marc