1.    #1  
    Bought my girlfriend a brand new Treo 650 about a month ago from VzW.

Problems started to surface two weeks ago. Phone would lock up during an incoming call. The Answer / Ignore screen would stay on and phone would not function at all. The next problem we noticed was the phone would lock up during an outgoing call. Screen would freeze during the dialing, but the phone would not connect the call. For both of these scenarios, we needed to remove the battery to reset the phone. Now over 90% of the contacts are lost and the freakin phone is powering it self off and on. Plus, even with the volume all the way up, we can barely hear anyone on the other line and its getting worse.

I don't mind consoling my girl, but son of a ***** that phone was pricing and so now I'm ready to throw it through the window.

PLEASE!!! Any help will be greatly appreciated. If I can fix it, great. Otherwise, its going back to VzW along with a nasty gram and then its off to looking at the Nokias and Samsungs...or whatever can perform longer than a friggin month.

Crash
    Take it back and get the Nokia or Samsung. If she isn't into all the little bs that comes with all the cool crap we do, she never will be.
  3.    #3  
    Cool crap?? We can't even get this thing to act like a phone let alone any other features. I'm not venting here pal, (okay..maybe a little). But I'm looking for help in fixing the problems. If you don't have any useful info for us, then skip my post.
    I stand by my advise. Get the Nokia or Samsung or be prepared to have to fix one thing after another.
    try to do a hard reset that is putting the stylus in the hole on the back to the left of the battery at the same time keep your finger on the on/off button when you see the palm logo take your finger off the on/off button you will see a message to hit the up nav button this will wipe out all your data so make sure you have it backed up. then sync it with your pc but before you do this test the phone see if it works if not it should be taken back to verizon and exchanged for another one

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    try to do a hard reset that is putting the stylus in the hole on the back to the left of the battery at the same time keep your finger on the on/off button when you see the palm logo take your finger off the on/off button you will see a message to hit the up nav button this will wipe out all your data so make sure you have it backed up. then sync it with your pc but before you do this test the phone see if it works if not it should be taken back to verizon and exchanged for another one

Fred
    That is excellent advise but I would change "for another one" to for a Nokia or Samsung
  7.    #7  
    Thanks Fred! I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    If it doesn't work and you haven't sintalled any patching apps (special phone ringing software, etc) then take it back and have it replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    That is excellent advise but I would change "for another one" to for a Nokia or Samsung
    HAHAHAHAHA
    Seriously, though...you have to have a lotta spare time to own this phone...or at least make it work the way you want it to.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Seriously, though...you have to have a lotta spare time to own this phone...or at least make it work the way you want it to.
    That is basically my point. My sister wants my retired 600 but I don't give it to her because I don't want to have her up my *** everytime she has a problem. No excuse for the phone part not to be working properly.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    If it's a stock treo, without 3rd party apps, then the phone should work fine 99.9% of the time.
    If you reset it back to factory settings and still have the issues, then it's a hardware issue and it's time to head back to the store for a replacement.

If you reset it to factory settings and the problems disappear, then it's something she's doing and not the phone. Usually, it's a 3rd party app that is causing a conflict, so try and reset and see what happens.
    I just got mine, and while I have not used it for many days now, I have made many calls and it works flawlessly for me. *shrugs*
  14.    #14  
    Yup...its toast!

Bringing it back tomorrow for a new replacement. Thanks for the input guys! Any advice on keeping the new one running smooth?
    fkpalm
    Fred
    crashmcwhly
    Thanks Fred! I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    crashmcwhly
    Yup...its toast!
    It'd be nice to know what you did to try to fix your g/f's problem. Did you take Fred's advice and perform a hard reset; or what? How did you come to the conclusion that it's toast?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    If it's not a lemon, the Treo works great as a stock build. I gave my Treo 600 to my mom who knows very little about this stuff, and she loves it. I'm regularly surprised with how much non-techie's love their Treos.
    For the novices...this phone is great! Email, web, pictures, text msgs, PIM... all without any trouble.

Its us 'experts' who push these things to the max and then complain when they don't work ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    fkpalm
    crashmcwhly crashmcwhly It'd be nice to know what you did to try to fix your g/f's problem. Did you take Fred's advice and perform a hard reset; or what? How did you come to the conclusion that it's toast?
    Sorry it took so long to respond. I tried what fkpalm suggested, but couldn't get the phone to bring up that screen. I then brought it to a VzW store and they put me in contact with their tech support via land line. They had me try the same thing (resetting the phone) and it wouldn't budge. So, they offered me a new phone. I just have to bring everything back for the exchange, but time hasn't been on my side lately. I will post my experience with the new phone when I get it going.

Thanks!