Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been having problems with my Cingular phone resetting. It often resets on an incoming call, when the red phone button is pushed to power on the screen and even just sitting on the desk.

Cingular thinks (I believe incorrectly) that this is caused by a loose SIM card. Cingular transfered me to Palm where tech support said they have a newly designed SIM tray. They are sending me one to see if that solves the problem. Thought you might want to know it is available.

I have been using the paper in the tray trick so I do not have high hopes that a new tray will solve the problem
    Yeah I had lots of weird stuff, from no signal, GSM radio was not responding crashes, to the bump-and-turn-off-phone thing with mine. Doubled-over cut piece of a postit note between the sim and the tray and haven't had a single problem since.

Must be new thicker trays.. Or more springy maybe.
    I just got my new sim tray from Palm direct. I'll post photo comparisons when I get a chance later. It basically looks the same, except there is a rib on the lower 2/3 of the tray to give more pressure.

It works.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    I just got my new sim tray from Palm direct. I'll post photo comparisons when I get a chance later. It basically looks the same, except there is a rib on the lower 2/3 of the tray to give more pressure.

It works.
    Sounds like a Trojan!
    See photo (pardon the poor photo, the Treo was all I had):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...tid=9312&stc=1
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mistercoffee1; 07/28/2005 at 08:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    See photo (pardon the poor photo, the Treo was all I had):

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...tid=9310&stc=1

Link is not working: when I open it gives me this reasons: 1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    same here
    i'm sorry, try the above post now. not very good at this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    I have been having problems with my Cingular phone resetting. It often resets on an incoming call, when the red phone button is pushed to power on the screen and even just sitting on the desk.

Cingular thinks (I believe incorrectly) that this is caused by a loose SIM card. Cingular transfered me to Palm where tech support said they have a newly designed SIM tray. They are sending me one to see if that solves the problem. Thought you might want to know it is available.

I have been using the paper in the tray trick so I do not have high hopes that a new tray will solve the problem
    I just bought mine and was having the same exact problem, then after I hung up from a call, the Treo reset itself and it said the SIM card is missing or damaged. I only had it for 3 days so I took it back to the Cingular store and got a brand new one.
    i'm sorry, try the above post now. not very good at this.
    The link worked for me.
    i jus called and they are shipping me my new sim tray. i dont have THAT big of a problem with resets, mostly when i get several IMs or SMS at the same time.

but hey, new sim tray, count me in!
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    i jus called and they are shipping me my new sim tray. i dont have THAT big of a problem with resets, mostly when i get several IMs or SMS at the same time.

but hey, new sim tray, count me in!
    What alibi did you use to get Palm to replace your SIM card holder?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    same here, I too called palm to get one but they said they haven't find any problems with sim tray so he (palm rep) made me to rename my backup folder etc...
    What was the magic word you used to get a new sim tray?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    What alibi did you use to get Palm to replace your SIM card holder?
    i jus called an said i have frequent resets, and i read online that another 650 customer got a new Sim Tray, the guy at Cingular CC had no clue about it, but the Palm guy he transfered me to knew exactly what i meant, and they shipped it 2 day. i got it this morning
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  15.    #15  
    I have been using the new tray for about a week and it has helped stabilize my device. I have not had a single reset due to the phone being jarred since I've been using it. I even dropped the phone (on carpet, fortunately) and did not get a reset.

Not sure if this is related, but I have also noticed less static and more clear sound on my bluetooth headset this week. I use the phone in my home office most of the time so I know no enviromental changes are affecting the sound quality. Could be just a coincidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan
    I have been using the new tray for about a week and it has helped stabilize my device. I have not had a single reset due to the phone being jarred since I've been using it. I even dropped the phone (on carpet, fortunately) and did not get a reset.

Not sure if this is related, but I have also noticed less static and more clear sound on my bluetooth headset this week. I use the phone in my home office most of the time so I know no enviromental changes are affecting the sound quality. Could be just a coincidence.
    Message to Cingular and Palm CC: you are about to be FLOODED with calls about the SIM Tray
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    i jus called an said i have frequent resets, and i read online that another 650 customer got a new Sim Tray, the guy at Cingular CC had no clue about it, but the Palm guy he transfered me to knew exactly what i meant, and they shipped it 2 day. i got it this morning
    Worked for me this afternoon! But I called Palm direct. They are shipping it out tomorrow.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    Anyone got a tel number I can call (Palm Direct) ? Thanks
    i called 1.866.490.2666

its cingulars palm support, they then transfered me to palm
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Damn, whats the secret here. I just called and even got conferenced in with the Palm tech and they had no clue about an updated SIM tray.... Ugh, i'll call back tomorrow I guess....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast