Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Damn, whats the secret here. I just called and even got conferenced in with the Palm tech and they had no clue about an updated SIM tray.... Ugh, i'll call back tomorrow I guess....
    Keep trying, and be persistent. The first tech I mentioned this to did not know about any tray. I read off the response that I got from an email (after filling out my problem on their website link). I gave the name of the person who emailed.
    After waiting on hold, they eventually said yes they have it.

So - some of them know about it, and some don't (or won't admit it until they are ready to announce something).
    I just got my sim card tray replacement from Palm Asia. Attached is a photo of the sticker from the package. Picture was taken using my Treo 650
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I know this must sound silly and baseless. After installation of the new sim card tray, I had to lower my VolumCare start volume by one because it was too loud. I adjusted after the 2nd loud call I received.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Damn, whats the secret here. I just called and even got conferenced in with the Palm tech and they had no clue about an updated SIM tray.... Ugh, i'll call back tomorrow I guess....
    It was a Cingular tech who told me about the revised tray. I cannot remember, but either the Cingular guy of the Palm gal told me that Cingular's SIM cards are slightly thinner than those used by other wireless telcos. If true, this is why the revised tray works for us Cingular subscribers.

I think the key words for getting the tray from Palm are, "spontaneous resets", "often resets itself", or "says there is a problem with my SIM card".
    My SIM Tray arrived yesterday from Palm. It is the same as in the picture posted by MisterCoffee1. I haven't noticed any operational difference, but I didn't suffer from frequent resets like some have. Bluetooth static doesn't seem any better, either.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12