1.    #1  
    I have sprint Treo 650 and I have read that over time *junk* is stored in your phone's cache. How do I get rid of junk off of this phone and I am not talking just cache memory. Can someone please give me step by step ? Thanks.
    I'm lost.

Web cache?
    Phone call log?
    Unused programs?

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FLY
    I have sprint Treo 650 and I have read that over time *junk* is stored in your phone's cache. How do I get rid of junk off of this phone and I am not talking just cache memory. Can someone please give me step by step ? Thanks.
    There are a number of temp files that are created to support the Treo's operation. There are also files that may be left behind from apps you installed and then deleted. Unless you are having memory problems, I wouldnt worry about it too much, because you are not talking a large amount of memory.

The best bet is to install everything from scratch, but for your first install (after a hard reset) use an uninstall manager app, like the one from www.northglide.com. It will track all your subsequent installs and make sure that when you delete an app, it will delete all associated files. You can also use the Cleanup app to identify files you do not recognize. You should use FileZ to take a peek at exactly what files you have stored in memory. However, do NOT delete a file unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN you know what you are doing. This is where a good backup program should be the 2nd app you install, like BackupBuddy from www.bluenomad.com.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks. That was helpful. I don't have many apps. So I guess it's just cache I have to worry about. How do I get rid of that without the hard reset ?