1.    #1  
    Does anybody know where to find one? I ordered a universal one off of ebay awhile ago, but quite frankly, it's a piece!! If nobody knows of a good one to buy, did anybody do some mods to that universal one that I could get ideas from?

Thanks in advance.
    http://www.proclipusa.com/

a bit pricey but well worth it for me... You'll need to buy a vehicle mount (specific to your model) & a device holder - 2 separate parts.
    I bought a Belkin universal one, the belt clip ring just slides into it, works great.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Proclip makes the best car mounts, hands down. The drawback, like kayden75 said, is the price. A whole kit, car mount and device holder, is usually close to $60.

Joe
    Yeah, not cheap.

I one ordered last week to go with my Tom Tom. I had one for both my JAM and PDA2K. They're great.

I selected the device holder with the built in charger cable and a custom mount.

Total price with shipping $108.40
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Does anybody know where to find one? I ordered a universal one off of ebay awhile ago, but quite frankly, it's a piece!! If nobody knows of a good one to buy, did anybody do some mods to that universal one that I could get ideas from?

Thanks in advance.
    Depends on how much you want to spend and how you want it connected to your car. I just bought the one at the treocentral store that uses a suction cup on the windshild and works great. Only 19.99 plus tax and shipping so I was pretty pleased.

take a look, may be what you are looking for (no frills though)

rob
    proclips no good for the UK though :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Depends on how much you want to spend and how you want it connected to your car. I just bought the one at the treocentral store that uses a suction cup on the windshild and works great. Only 19.99 plus tax and shipping so I was pretty pleased.

take a look, may be what you are looking for (no frills though)

rob
    I bought the same one. It does what I need it to do - hold my Treo. I like the fact that I can just give it a quick glance to see who's calling instead of taking my eyes off the road to look down at the center console.
  9.    #9  
    Yea...I have that same universal holder/mount. I don't like it as I still have to connect my car charger and my 3.5mm adapter for my stereo. I guess I'll just have to work with what I've got and try to mod the universal mount so that I just drop the phone in and both cables are plugged in. What I'm looking for is more of a car cradle than a mount/holder, I guess.

I'd like to try out one of those proclip mounts...the one that looks like it is a cradle. Only problem is that it's way to expensive for my blood.

Thanks for the help, guys.