Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    3.1 released

NEW in 3.1! Access millions of songs and audio books from popular online music stores.
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe supports all music stores that use Microsoft's Janus technology**. Look for stores with the PlaysForSure logo.

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate. It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag." -- Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
    Thanks for the heads up.

Downloading now.
    Maybe it's just my 650, or is anyone experiencing problems with 3.1? It keeps freezing up my Treo within a few moments of launching. Where can I get ahold of the previous version? Thanks in advance.
    just installed it....so far so good.
    Silly question...does it cost money to access these "millions of songs" from their database?
    anyone have a preferance for rhapsody vs napster vs yahoo , etc?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    When they put in support for iTunes, wake me up. =)

*yawn*
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    When they put in support for iTunes, wake me up. =)

*yawn*

That will NEVER happen!!

The whole point of iTunes DRM Fairplay-ACC files for Apple is to sell more iPODS!! Nothing else. The only exception will devices like the Moto itunes phone where Apple in Moto have specific lisencing aggreements. You will never see 3rd party Fairplay-ACC support b/c Apple will never allow it.

The only solution are workarounds like the Hymn Project which can remove the Fairplay DRM from ACC files. You can then use various audio player that support ACC like Aeroplayer or Kinoma. Btw, the former supposedly has the best audio output quality of any palmos player...

Anyway in regards to Ptunes... the upgrade is HUGE!!! The files size of the main app increased from like 600 Kb to over 800 KB now!! The Janus wma DRM certainly seems to have blown the size up of the app. IMO, if you don't plan on ever using one of these online music stores, it might not be worth upgrading due to the increase bloat...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I use Yahoo. It's great, and cheap. This will be my third player though, so I better not go buy some more. :-)
    I was almost going to upgrade. But after reading these posts, I've changed my mind. I'm sure I won't be downloading music anytime soon, therefore the upgrade seems like it's useless to me.
    Actually, I'm seeing an 800K loss in memory after downloading this upgrade OTA. Anyone else? Is there a duplicate file that needs to be deleted or something? I see that the new PRC is about 800+K, so an 800K increase does not seem right.
    The old Ptunes prc was 600.74 Kb and the new one is 844 Kb. Maybe you also installed all the plugin codecs like OGG etc which are taking up additional space...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    That will NEVER happen!!
    Anyway in regards to Ptunes... the upgrade is HUGE!!! The files size of the main app increased from like 600 Kb to over 800 KB now!! The Janus wma DRM certainly seems to have blown the size up of the app.
    But you can run PTunes from your SD card. Why does the file size matter?
    Does 3.1 do streaming WMA?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by JEMShoe
    But you can run PTunes from your SD card. Why does the file size matter?

Ptunes needs to be in ram for 3rd party apps to access the backround call to play audio files like in Butler, Lightwav, Treoguard etc. This cannot function if it's not in ram...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 07/18/2005 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    No.. or rather not yet...

Just tried it, apparently the answer is "no". Bummer. Anyone know of a Palm mediaplayer that does streaming WMA?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ptunes needs to be in ram for 3rd party apps to access the backround call to play audio files like in Butler, Lightwav, Treoguard etc. This cannot function if it's in ram...
    Oh OK.

BTW, Butler v3.13 has its own media player so I moved my PTunes to the card and Butler plays my mp3 wake up alarm.
    Just tried it, apparently the answer is "no". Bummer. Anyone know of a Palm mediaplayer that does streaming WMA?
    Does not exist yet...Hopefully Ptunes 4 or something...

I love it. Works good with yahoo! music. The only thing I don't like is the time it takes to transfer songs to the Treo.

Now I just wish a major headset manufacturer would make a stereo headset that fit the treo. I know there are adapters and some stereo headsets but why wont Shure make one?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast