Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    I have Treo 650 on the Sprint network. Had no problems with internet radio in PTunes 3.09 but yesterday I installed version 3.1 the internet station drops out about ever 30 seconds and reconnects and drops out again. I deleted PTunes from the Treo and reinstalled version 3.09, again it worked. I never down load music but, obtain it from my CDs so I do not need your new version and will wait for better version.
    I had the same problems with 3.1 on my treo 600. 3.09 works fine.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm
    thx Kram and Gotta!!

any know if I have yme installed, do I have to transfer straight to my 650 using YME or WMPN? or can I take my SD card out and copy straight to my SD card via a reader...which is must faster due to the USB 2.0 interface.
    Unless I have done something wrong, I can not copy directly to my SD card via a reader and have it play. I get a message in PTunes noting that it couldn't find a license and I should 're-sync'. In addition, I am not sure you save any time by copying directly to the card via a reader versus synching. YMMV

~~~ gottago ~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    Unless I have done something wrong, I can not copy directly to my SD card via a reader and have it play. I get a message in PTunes noting that it couldn't find a license and I should 're-sync'. In addition, I am not sure you save any time by copying directly to the card via a reader versus synching. YMMV

~~~ gottago ~~~
    When you copied it over via a reader, did you just copy the files or did you use windows media to copy them over? I think if you use Windows Media to sync the "device" (which is just an SD card put into a reader) it might work. If you just drag the individual wmas over, it won't work as explorer has no idea it needs to attach the drm info to the files. It just sees a file it needs to copy. Just a thought. I haven't tried this.
    I had to reinstall pocket tunes and install the PC conduit.

In both Yahoo Music Manager and WMP10, I had to run Pocket Tunes with MTP enabled. My 650 would show up as a device in both programs and I could copy songs over.

If I run Card Export on the 650, a Removable Drive will show up in both programs but the programs will not let me copy songs over to the drive. I don't have a USB card reader but I think it would be the same.

The transfer is quite a bit slower using ptunes MTP vs. Card Export, and probably much much slower than a USB card reader is.

Hopefully some improvements can be made for this.

On a side note, I have WMP10 setup for auto playlists and auto sync so when I have WMP10 running and start Pocket Tunes I get music refreshed based on my auto playlists.
    I have been using Yahoo Music for a while and have been waiting for Pocket Tunes to support Protected WMA's.

My Transition went very smooth. I only use Yahoo Music engine to download and rarely to play. I play them with Windows Media. Syncing with the palm couldn't simpler. Just start PTunes on the Treo and Windows recognizes it. WMP10 is awesome at syncing. The speed isn't bad and it gives you excellent feedback.

Combine that with some comedy albums from Ray Ramano, Bill White and Steve Martin and commuting has gotten much more enjoyable.

60 bucks a year ... plus 40 for P-Tunes... More than you can eat.
    I just installed both the new Y! Music engine and pTunes 3.1. Couple things...

1. You have to install the drm driver - so you need to install on the desktop - not ota.
    2. You don't need to copy files - open Y! Music Engine, plug in the sync cable and open ptunes, let windows auto install the device and then it will show up just like an MP3 player. Drag your music in and it will auto sync...

Sorry if
    Last edited by mshaw1515; 07/20/2005 at 01:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigDog
    My Transition went very smooth. I only use Yahoo Music engine to download and rarely to play. I play them with Windows Media. Syncing with the palm couldn't simpler. Just start PTunes on the Treo and Windows recognizes it. WMP10 is awesome at syncing. The speed isn't bad and it gives you excellent feedback.
    That's the best way to do it, IMO. WMP is much better than YME at transferring and organizing. I wish Yahoo would leave all that stuff to existing software and stop recreating the wheel (poorly).
    After I installed 3.1 on my CDMA phone the red phone on/off button stopped working. It only works as a power button now. Even a hard reset and restore has not solved the problem. Anybody else have the same problem? Any idea how to fix it, short of a ROM update? I have 1.08 and prefer to keep that rather than update to 1.12.
    Last edited by Beagle92; 07/21/2005 at 07:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle92
    After I installed 3.1 on my CDMA phone the red phone on/off button stopped working. It only works as a power button now. Even a hard reset and restore has not solved the problem. Anybody else have the same problem? Any idea how to fix it, short of a ROM update? I have 1.08 and prefer to keep that rather than update to 1.12.
    What do you mean? What did your red button previously do that its not doing now?

Try changing the setting in General Preferences of pTunes: "Power button turns off screen". I don't get what that setting changes, but it sounds related

I also don't get why you wouldn't want the ROM update - it's improved the memory and a number of other issues on my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz
    What do you mean? What did your red button previously do that its not doing now?

Try changing the setting in General Preferences of pTunes: "Power button turns off screen". I don't get what that setting changes, but it sounds related

I also don't get why you wouldn't want the ROM update - it's improved the memory and a number of other issues on my Treo.
    What the power button did do and is not doing now is turn the radio on and off. It may be coincidental that the new version of pTunes was installed just before the problem began. It had been probably a week since I last cycled the power on the radio. Since a hard reset did not solve the problem, that suggests to me that the problem is in the ROM or the hardware, and I doubt that pTunes could have affected the ROM (or the hardware). I tried changing the setting you suggest but it had no effect. (I re-installed 3.0.9.) Regardless, it happened after installing the new pTunes so I wanted to hear if anybody else had problems. I preferred to keep 1.08 because my Treo was working very well without any problems. I had no issues with memory or sound and I had Shadowmite's hack for BT DUN. Also, I use keyshade to shut off the keyboard when I want to. I rarely travel outside my local area so I didn't think the updated PRL would make that much difference. On top of all that, the reports of flickering keyboards did not appeal to me. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (I wish I had thought about that before I upgraded pTunes.)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carljoerger
    I had the same problems with 3.1 on my treo 600. 3.09 works fine.
    I just downloaded PocketTunes new version 3.1.1 and I installed it on my Sprint Treo 650. I again tested internet radio and this time it worked. That fixed my problem, but I do not have any Idea what other porblems this version fixes. Will continue testing other options.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    To clarify once again for everyone, you MUST transfer music with the cable to the Treo. You CANNOT use an SD card reader for DRM/protected music from Yahoo, Rhapsody, Napster, etc. There is no other way.

Yes, I know it's kinda slow. Things will get better, but MTP has a bit of overhead because it transfers the license, the song, and the song info when transferring music.
    I just happened to read about this on a Treo Blog. I couldn't believe it! My MP3 player (Zen Touch) went bad on me, and I had been considering buying a Zen Micro for my music. However, now I can just get Ptunes and a larger SD card, and I won't have to carry an extra device! Sweet!

My only wonder is if I can play my music from my Treo in my car using one of those FM transmitter devices... That would be perfect.
    Also, you can buy it for 10% off at the Treonauts store by using the code: discover. http://software.treonauts.com/product.asp?id=491
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2

My only wonder is if I can play my music from my Treo in my car using one of those FM transmitter devices... That would be perfect.
    Won't be a problem at all. Pick up one of the stereo adapters for the treo and an FM transmitter, and you're done. I recommend the iRiver AFT 100 Mobile FM Transmitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Won't be a problem at all. Pick up one of the stereo adapters for the treo and an FM transmitter, and you're done. I recommend the iRiver AFT 100 Mobile FM Transmitter.
    This is the order of solutions to play audio from your Treo in your car:

(1) DPX Auxiliary Input on the back of newer CD players...can be bought for approximately $30 online. If you're confused as to what this is, it's where you plug in stuff like CD Changers, XM Satellite Units, etc.....check your CD Player's specs online to see if you have an auxiliary input.
    (2) Cassette adapter for those with cassette players
    (3) If you can't use the first 2 solutions, you're stuck with the FM transmitter. I'd take KRamsauer's recommendation on the iRiver AFT 100 Mobile as I haven't tried any of them out but my friends' transmitters are fairly scratchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by aetherion
    To clarify once again for everyone, you MUST transfer music with the cable to the Treo. You CANNOT use an SD card reader for DRM/protected music from Yahoo, Rhapsody, Napster, etc. There is no other way.

Yes, I know it's kinda slow. Things will get better, but MTP has a bit of overhead because it transfers the license, the song, and the song info when transferring music.
    Any thoughts on how will they get better? Is there some way to write to the card? Without that we will be stuck at USB 1.1 - very painful when you want to sync 1G of songs...
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    I just downloaded PocketTunes new version 3.1.1 and I installed it on my Sprint Treo 650. I again tested internet radio and this time it worked. That fixed my problem, but I do not have any Idea what other porblems this version fixes. Will continue testing other options.
    3.1.1 has NOT helped me, still dropping radio every 30 secs or so. How can I get 3.09 back?
    Ok, I give up. How do I get Napster to go or Yahoo Music to recognize my Palm device? I have it connected with P tunes running. It simply will not show up in the device list on either service.
    The latest news from Normsoft...

NormSoft Announces Pocket Tunes Support for SanDisk's TrustedFlash(TM) on Palm OS Devices
    http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4133270&EDATE=
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234