Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    PM sent to poster #3. Just so everyone knows, my restore back to 3.0.9 fixed the upgrade sync problems.
    Didn't mean to put you in a spot. Well done grasshopper.
    As a pTunes Deluxe owner and a Rhapsody subscriber I was happy to see this announcement today. But I didn't realize there's apparently an issue with the Treo 600.

But there is an alternative for T600 owners (and anyone else who wants to turn subscription streams like Rhapsody, Napster and Yahoo into un-DRMed MP3 files). For several months now I've been using a very slick piece of software on the PC called Replay Music (http://www.applian.com) that records the audio stream and turns it into mp3 files. It costs $49, and I'm sure there are others that accomplish the same goal, and cost less, or are freeware, but when I tried this one, I was so impressed with it I had to have it.

It takes the stream and automatically splits it into separate mp3 files at the right place, and puts in the tag information, as well as making the filename based on a template you give it. For example the track 'Beverly Hills', which is the first track on Weezer's 'Make Believe' CD would get created with a filename 'Weezer-Make Believe-01-Beverly Hills.mp3'.

Anyway, just passing this on, particularly to T600 owners.
    Hi all - this is what I got from NormSoft re/ Treo 600 support:

---
    There is a problem with a bug in the USB driver for the Treo 600. We've notified Palm so they can release a driver fix, but we've also contacted a developer who has written USB drivers for us in the past to see if he can help us create a fix instead of waiting for Palm to do it. We hope to have this fixed for the 600 soon, because many of our users are on that device. We apologize for leaving you out, but hope to have a fix for you soon.
    -----

I guess we just wait...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hshimans
    Loaded WMA file from Yahoo Unlimited to SD card... but could not play with Ptunes.

Any ideas???
    At the moment, Janus (subscription & purchased) content can only be transferred via MTP. There is no forseable method in the future to ever write Janus content to a removeable storage card. Subscription services lock the songs to specific devices so that they can renew licenses each month, limit the # of devices (although none do this right now), know the device's bitrate capabilities, etc.

Hopefully future upgrade's on Palm's end combined with newer versions of Pocket Tunes will speed up sync times. But for now, I'm quite happy with finally ditching my mp3 player for daily use. What a great thing for Normsoft to implement!
    I was having big problems with the upgrade before, but I figured out my problem.

When I first upgraded, I just selected the .prc file, and didn't go through Pocket Tunes' small installation program. I suspect that caused my problem.

This time, I redownloaded the software from Pocket Tunes and ran the set-up file. It asked if I wanted to include syncing with Windows Media Player. I said yes. It also installed a bunch of files somewhere.

I then performed a hotsync.

Next, I ran Pocket Tunes while it was plugged into the desktop. Windows recognized a new device - I think it called itself something like Normsoft Palm Device or something like that. Windows asked me if I wanted to install the drivers for it - I said yes. Windows automatically located the appropriate install files, and said the device was now ready to use.

I then ran Windows Media Player. It recognized the Treo as a new device, gave me some sync options, and then worked fine.

I then ran the Yahoo! Music Engine. It also recognized the Palm device and syncronized fine.

The moral of the story - it worked when I followed the installation procedure instead of just installing the prc file.

My impression of the upgrade: It's very cool to download whatever songs I want from Yahoo's unlimited service, and be listening to them a few minutes later on the Treo.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I have Treo 650 on the Sprint network. Had no problems with internet radio in PTunes 3.09 but yesterday I installed version 3.1 the internet station drops out about ever 30 seconds and reconnects and drops out again. I deleted PTunes from the Treo and reinstalled version 3.09, again it worked. I never down load music but, obtain it from my CDs so I do not need your new version and will wait for better version.
    I just noticed that I also have the same problem!! I too will go back to 3.09
    Pilottreo1
    Is the upgrade free? Or is there a cost associated with it?
    I had the same problem...

Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    I have Treo 650 on the Sprint network. Had no problems with internet radio in PTunes 3.09 but yesterday I installed version 3.1 the internet station drops out about ever 30 seconds and reconnects and drops out again. I deleted PTunes from the Treo and reinstalled version 3.09, again it worked. I never down load music but, obtain it from my CDs so I do not need your new version and will wait for better version.
    I emailed NormSoft's customer service and got a quick response.
    "Yes, we just found that problem last night. We'll have it corrected in 3.1.1,
    which we plan to release on Friday. Sorry about that! We had to make some minor adjustments in the networking stuff to accomodate the new DRM code and unfortunately didn't catch that it was causing a problem with streaming until after the release. We already have it fixed but need to make sure nothing else is wrong before we make an official release, so we're holding off for a couple of days.

Take care,
    NNNN
    NormSoft Support Team
    NormSoft, Inc.
    www.normsoft.com"
    ^ So that is why it kept cutting out on me today. Thanks for sharing.
    I just installed 3.09 over my 3.1 installation and everything appears to be working fine.
    I got my answer to the cost question above.

New question. I'm new to the DRM music. If I subscribe to Yahoo, can I play the content on only my Treo? Or can I play in "other" devices like my Creative Zen? My home and office PC?
    If you subscribe to a service like yahoo music unlimited, is it possible to access that music directly with the treo 650 and play it directly without having to download it into the computer first?
    You can use "other" devices. Up to two other portable plus a few computers (don't know how many computers). I presently use my music on two portable players (a rio carbon and a dell dj 30).

You will have to download the music onto a computer first. Windows Media Player 10 handles all the DRM stuff, so you can't cut it out of the loop (and you can't use a mac).
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I think I read in the TOS that you can play your music on up to three separate devices.

Don't worry... I m not the police:-)

~~~ gottago ~~~
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    If you subscribe to a service like yahoo music unlimited, is it possible to access that music directly with the treo 650 and play it directly without having to download it into the computer first?
    So is this how you access your music... directly with your Treo w/o the Yahoo! Music Manager? I didn't realize this was possible as I thought the Yahoo! Music Manager was mandatory to listen.

~~~ gottago ~~~
    I need 3.0.9 back, my phone is now dimming! I'm not near my computer, any links? So I can re-install via Treo, thanx folks....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by gottago
    So is this how you access your music... directly with your Treo w/o the Yahoo! Music Manager? I didn't realize this was possible as I thought the Yahoo! Music Manager was mandatory to listen.
    No, you have to log in and download the music to your computer via Yahoo Music Engine first. Once it's on your computer, you can then transfer it to your Treo via YME or WMP. The Treo should show up in the portable device manager in both apps.
    thx Kram and Gotta!!

any know if I have yme installed, do I have to transfer straight to my 650 using YME or WMPN? or can I take my SD card out and copy straight to my SD card via a reader...which is must faster due to the USB 2.0 interface.
    as a side note, if you happen to install 3.1 OTA, make sure to install it on your PC too, because the normsoft pocket tunes device driver has to be installed in order for DRM'd content to sync with the treo.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast