Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmbritton
    I love it. Works good with yahoo! music. The only thing I don't like is the time it takes to transfer songs to the Treo.

Now I just wish a major headset manufacturer would make a stereo headset that fit the treo. I know there are adapters and some stereo headsets but why wont Shure make one?
    Do you use the ptunes conduit of wmedia dropping songs onto the card? Do both methods work?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Do you use the ptunes conduit of wmedia dropping songs onto the card? Do both methods work?
    Right now I've just been doing this through the yahoo music interface itself. From within Yahoo music, just download music files to your Yahoo my music folder, and then drag them (again this is all from within yahoo music) from my music to your treo. This will show up as "palm" from within the "portable devices" section. It works pretty well so far, and I really think this is a nice advancement for pocket tunes.

Note that while you are doing all this your treo should be turned on and in pocket tunes. It will show up as a portable device in the yahoo music interface.

As the poster below mentions, you must first have pocket tunes setup to work/sync with windows media player 10.
    Last edited by paulsjmail; 07/18/2005 at 02:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    Yes I use the ptunes extensions to sync.

The way it worked for me...

Plug in hotsync cable.
    Start Ptunes (configured for MTP / in Copy from PC Prefs).
    It shows up in the portable devices list in Yahoo Music Engine.
    Then you can drag files or select sync device and the files transfer.

I tried running Card Export and the drive showed up in the portable devices section of yahoo music engine but I wasn't able to transfer songs to it.
    Don't use Yahoo Music engine to transfer songs. It takes FOREVER. Try using MediaPlayer instead. I know Yahoo recently upgraded their music engine so transfers are faster, but I haven't tried it. Make sure you have the most up to date version.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Will it work with limewire? I've used limewire for quite a while and would hate to have to switch.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Isn't limewire where you get unprotected mp3's for free (stealing)

I think it should work
    So what else is new on 3.1 besides the yahoo thing?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    That will NEVER happen!!

The whole point of iTunes DRM Fairplay-ACC files for Apple is to sell more iPODS!! Nothing else. The only exception will devices like the Moto itunes phone where Apple in Moto have specific lisencing aggreements. You will never see 3rd party Fairplay-ACC support b/c Apple will never allow it.

The only solution are workarounds like the Hymn Project which can remove the Fairplay DRM from ACC files. You can then use various audio player that support ACC like Aeroplayer or Kinoma. Btw, the former supposedly has the best audio output quality of any palmos player...

Anyway in regards to Ptunes... the upgrade is HUGE!!! The files size of the main app increased from like 600 Kb to over 800 KB now!! The Janus wma DRM certainly seems to have blown the size up of the app. IMO, if you don't plan on ever using one of these online music stores, it might not be worth upgrading due to the increase bloat...
    The Roku Soundbridge supports iTunes and ACC
    http://www.rokulabs.com/products/soundbridge/index.php
    Is this different GFunk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    The Roku Soundbridge supports iTunes and ACC
    http://www.rokulabs.com/products/soundbridge/index.php
    Is this different GFunk?
    This from the Roku site: *Protected AAC files purchased from the iTunes Music Store are not supported.

That's what GFunk is talking about.
    Handspring Prism ---> PalmOne Treo650
    Did they raise the price or was it always $34.95? Seems pricey and doesn't play any AACs, even non-DRM ones.
    Loaded WMA file from Yahoo Unlimited to SD card... but could not play with Ptunes.

Any ideas???
    The ptunes Web site noticeably omits the Treo 600 as a supported device for the DRM material. Anyone know why you would need the 650 for that?
    The T600 has a bug in Palm USB drivers.
    Thanks dlbrummels - how would a bug in USB drivers affect pTunes? Is it just a matter of not being able to sync? (and in that case, would transfer via SD card work just as well)?
    Just upgraded zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    will do nothing for me.
    Not only does it not work for me with Yahoo music, I have now messed up my syncing with Windows Media Player.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Not only does it not work for me with Yahoo music, I have now messed up my syncing with Windows Media Player.
    ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    ouch
    Yeah, I was kind of worried because I couldn't figure it out. But after restoring my backup (thank you Backupman) I am back to Pocket Tunes 3.0.9 and it syncs fine again with Media Player.

I hope it is an actual bug in the new version, and not just a problem with my system, since the bug will likely be repaired by Normsoft soon.

I really want it to work, so I hope others figure out the problem.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Yeah, I was kind of worried because I couldn't figure it out. But after restoring my backup (thank you Backupman) I am back to Pocket Tunes 3.0.9 and it syncs fine again with Media Player.

I hope it is an actual bug in the new version, and not just a problem with my system, since the bug will likely be repaired by Normsoft soon.

I really want it to work, so I hope others figure out the problem.

Check out post #3. Maybe you get can help a brother out.
    PM sent to poster #3. Just so everyone knows, my restore back to 3.0.9 fixed the upgrade sync problems.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast