1.    #1  
    I've experienced some crashes recently when the amount of free memory in my Treo has been particularly low. Now that I've moved a bunch more apps to the card (ZLauncher) I don't have the problem.

I'd like to move some of these apps back to RAM but I'm apprehensive.

Just how much RAM should I leave open?
    If it works with the apps on your card, why would you want to move them back?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    If it works with the apps on your card, why would you want to move them back?
    I second that question...

And motion to keep those apps exactly where they are. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  4.    #4  
    Several reasons:
    • I have multiple cards and I want as many apps as possible to be available, regardless of which card is currently inserted.
    • Some of the apps have conduits that don't work when the app is on the card. Right now, I move the app back to RAM occasionally to get it to sync now and then. Would rather it sync all the time, naturally.
    • Launching is faster from RAM.
    what apps?
    I've run into problems w/only 3-ish MB free (in particular, Docs to Go crashes). So far running with 5-ish seems to be okay.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    what apps?
    I had a problem with SplashPhoto, for example.
    Not 100% sure but I think WorldMate conduit wasn't happy with WM on the card.
  8. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Several reasons:
    [list][*]I have multiple cards and I want as many apps as possible to be available, regardless of which card is currently inserted.
    Keep a copy of the apps you need on each card.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Several reasons:
    • I have multiple cards and I want as many apps as possible to be available, regardless of which card is currently inserted.
    • Some of the apps have conduits that don't work when the app is on the card. Right now, I move the app back to RAM occasionally to get it to sync now and then. Would rather it sync all the time, naturally.
    • Launching is faster from RAM.
    I would say dump the multiple cards and go for one larger card. If an app works from my card it will NEVER get back into ram. If you have lots of small cards, sell them off and get a bigger single.. a 512mb card is only around $50 dollars, and that will host alot of data and apps.

Just my 2 cents

Also splashphoto's conduit will not work from a card, it has to be in ram.
    Palm V -> Pocket PC -> Treo 650 GSM
    ----------------- ^
    Slipped to the "Dark Side" for a while, But I'm back