Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    when we had the treo 600s, I distinctly remember being able to enter a code ( ## something ) into the phone dialpad to force the treo to locate the strongest cell tower signal in the area.
    I can't seem to recall what exactly that code was. does anyone remember what we used on the t600 to force the signal locator?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    If this exists it would be a great find for any smartphone user. I've heard examples of Sprint phones staying with a (useless) weak in-network signal and not roaming to a strong VZ signal at that location.
    Here's all the ## codes for the Treo 650:

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    shadowmite's site is a wealth of information. I recorded a lot of it into the treo's memo database.

but I still can't seem to find the feature code that enables the treo to lock onto the strongest tower signal in the area.

I'm positive this was listed here on treocentral somewhere, and I've done many searches under " feature codes" and "treo codes", but haven't located it.

anyone remember what we used on the treo 600 to get this capability?
    I've seen a lot of these codes but I sure don't remember that one
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    hmm. that's weird. I remember using something like this a long time ago. maybe ill look around the sprintusers.com site to see what I can find.
    *18 + dial does that for Sprint, if that's what you are asking.. It forces your phone to find the strongest signal. I've seen my bars go from 1 bar to 4 on occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    *18 + dial does that for Sprint, if that's what you are asking.. It forces your phone to find the strongest signal. I've seen my bars go from 1 bar to 4 on occasion.
    Cool!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    *18 dial - that`s the code!! YOURE THE MAN, ERIC!!! thanks a ton, I've been searching and searching for this for weeks. thought id lost it. much appreciated!
    Last edited by vw2002; 07/17/2005 at 04:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Is there such code for GSM? I tried #18. *18, #*18, *#18. No luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Just one question, I've never used this code. Once dialing this number, is it necessary to dial all the time or will the signal remain?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Doesn't work for me.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    CDMA models only I assume?
    "*18" worked for my Verizon 650!!! Thank you!
    "No matter where you go... There you are"
    did not work on my sprint treo 650
    Hey...

Well, I'm here in Racine, Wisconsin DUN with PDANET surfing. I had 1 to 2 bars for the last couple 'o' hours on Sprint network. So I did the *18 + dial and now I have a solid 4 bars for the last 20 minutes. Seems to work, Thanks for the tip..

Chuck
    my test showd the same. I turned the phone off and back on and it went back to 2 bars. did *18 again and 4 bars. so u need to do it when the phone it turned on
    "No matter where you go... There you are"
    so do you just go to the phone app and do *18 and then dial or do you go to the phone app and do ##*18# ???
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    this code works for sprint or cdma. I don't think it works on gsm phones.

but one would think that if such a feature existed for cdma phones, it would also have to exist for gsm phones - just a different sequence of numbers following the *.

I would think we could track it down somewhere.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    this code works for sprint or cdma only. I don't think it works on gsm phones.

but one would think that if such a feature existed for cdma phones, it would also have to exist for gsm phones - just a different sequence of numbers following the *.

I would think we could track it down somewhere.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast