Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Nope thats not what I want to do. Maybe I asked my question wrong; too many thoughts in my head. Forget Snap for a minute. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif

I have a lot of pics stored on my card; some jpg, some bmp, ZLauncher sees the the jpg's just fine. Bmp's dont work with ZL, so I'd like to convert from one format to another and wanted to know if AI would do that.
    I have PhotoShop and can convert it for you. Send me email via profile link and I'll do it for you.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Who's using Insertion's Avatar as a theme. Now THAT would be cool! But I'd want the one with the signature.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Sorry, for tardy reply here, but below is a download link of all the zlauncher themes, backimages, and iconsets on my 650!

http://rapidshare.de/files/3236864/Z...image.zip.html

scroll down, click free and enjoy...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Another background image. I like this one. Hope I do this right. I don't know how to make it visible here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    I use Snap.

I'm sure there are others, but this one is simple enough for me.

Snap is a freeware software for taking screenshots on Palm OS 5 devices. Screenshots are saved as .bmp files on the expansion card. The main configuration screen of Snap is used to configure the filename prefix, and the hard key of the palm triggering a screenshot. A snapshot is taken by pressing the activation key in any application while Snap is enabled - the screenshot is being processed between two beeps. The screenshots are written on the expansion card, in the /palm/programs/Snap/ directory.

This software is tiny and uncomplicated, it is designed to "just work". The zip file includes English and French versions.
    Once again, I'm sure it is obvious, but how do you get this program to work? I loaded it, enabled it and assigned the hard key 5 and when I'm in 2Day and hold down the "F" key ("5") nothing happens. I tried associating memo and when I hit that key nothing happens. Yes, I set up a snap directory on my card.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Sorry, for tardy reply here, but below is a download link of all the zlauncher themes, backimages, and iconsets on my 650!

http://rapidshare.de/files/3236864/Z...image.zip.html

scroll down, click free and enjoy...
    Wow. That's some collection.

Thanks for sharing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Once again, I'm sure it is obvious, but how do you get this program to work? I loaded it, enabled it and assigned the hard key 5 and when I'm in 2Day and hold down the "F" key ("5") nothing happens. I tried associating memo and when I hit that key nothing happens. Yes, I set up a snap directory on my card.
    Hard Key 5 doesn't mean the "F" key ("5"). The Treo only has 4 hard keys (Green Phone key, calendar, messages, red phone key)

Try associating it with Power, that's what I do.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Hard Key 5 doesn't mean the "F" key ("5"). The Treo only has 4 hard keys (Green Phone key, calendar, messages, red phone key)

Try associating it with Power, that's what I do.
    OK. I associate it with Power and then what? When I am in an app and hit the power button it turns off the screen/Treo.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    OK. I associate it with Power and then what? When I am in an app and hit the power button it turns off the screen/Treo.
    go into snap.
    enable it.
    check or uncheck auto disable. if u leave it checked, it will only take one snap.
    got to the app you want to snap.
    press the power button once.
    look in sd card\ palm\programs\snap for a bmp.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    go into snap.
    enable it.
    check or uncheck auto disable. if u leave it checked, it will only take one snap.
    got to the app you want to snap.
    press the power button once.
    look in sd card\ palm\programs\snap for a bmp.
    Nope. Doesn't work. What do you mean by only take one snap if you leave auto disable checked? The only program it worked in so far is zlauncher. when in 2Day or phone and i hit the power button it just turns off the screen as usual.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Nope. Doesn't work. What do you mean by only take one snap if you leave auto disable checked? The only program it worked in so far is zlauncher. when in 2Day or phone and i hit the power button it just turns off the screen as usual.
    if u leave auto disable checked, it will automatically disable itself one you take one screen shot.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfx
    greenberg, I noticed that also. I can't stand not having a signal meter!
    I found a nice blue XP skin that has a signal indicator.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p-BF084980.jpg

Link

It's not free but at only $4 I'm not complaining. Pretty cool feature too. You can transparantly map apps to the "start button". Like a launcher app or something. Right now when I click on the start button it brings up the menu tool bar.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    That is almost perfect greenberg. Thanks for the linkage. Im going to search for a silver one though.
    Thanks Igreenberg! A signal indicator is cool!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    That is almost perfect greenberg. Thanks for the linkage. Im going to search for a silver one though.
    The same guy made a silver one.

Check it out here.

I haven't tested it to see if it has a signal indicator or not so let me know.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I found a nice blue XP skin that has a signal indicator.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...p-BF084980.jpg

Link

It's not free but at only $4 I'm not complaining. Pretty cool feature too. You can transparantly map apps to the "start button". Like a launcher app or something. Right now when I click on the start button it brings up the menu tool bar.
    Greenberg, I bought the skin and installed it with the jpg's but I cannot locate the jpg's anywhere on my palm. Can you tell me where to find them? I also have the rom memory icon over the start icon on the lower left corner. Any ideas? Thanks.
    1. If you simply installed the .jpg to your device they are either sitting in ROM or in the "DCIM" folder in your card. In order to use straight .jpg files as backgrounds with ZLauncher you need to install the "JpegLib" tool which is inlcuded in the ZLauncher download zip file.

More information about this can be found here.

2. You'll need to re-arrange the buttons. Go to MENU, Options, ZLauncher Prefs. The choose the tab for "Top/Bot Bar." Then click on the memory indicator on the bottom tool bar and hold down for a few seconds then release. Choose "remove." Or you can choose "move" and then slide it over. Do the same thing again and replace it with something which has a transparent button. I choose the "pop up menu" option.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a try.

Update! I noticed some of the pictures are .jpg.pdb. When I try to set as a backimage in zlauncher nothing happens to these. Is there a way to convert jpg.pdb images to just plain .jpg?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by wbwjr; 07/24/2005 at 09:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Ok I finally bought that xp theme, now how do I make the start button work? Or is it just for looks?

THanks
    Ok I finally bought that xp theme, now how do I make the start button work? Or is it just for looks?

THanks
    What I did was choose one of the function buttons that doesn't have an icon for it. I choose the one for "pop up menu." I was able to stack three of them over the start button. Now whenever I click on the start button it brings up the menu tool bar.

I think I also read where people assigned apps to it, like "Hi-Launcher."
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast