Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    scandalex I like the icons.. oh and thanx for the info about the converter but I was kinda hoping to find something to resize jpegs from the treo but appreciate the reply...
    Acid Image is the only program I know of for the Palm OS to resize a pic.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    cool thx insertion i'll look into it..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Must...play...dopewars
    Ha, indeed very addictive!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Here is my current setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    HOLY CRAP...DA'Z FREAKIN' SWEET!!
    Easily the best setup I've seen yet!!
    Thanks GrandSlam! The theme is Crimson.

scandalex I like the icons.. oh and thanx for the info about the converter but I was kinda hoping to find something to resize jpegs from the treo but appreciate the reply...
    Thanks Don! I dont know if there is a way to resize jpgs directly from the Treo. If there is a way, I've never heard of it. I would think that its better to do it from the computer; more room to work with.....but thats just my theory.

Most people dont realize that jpgs are smaller thans pdb's. This one as a pdb, resized to 320 x 320 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/snQQpy/Noia.jpg is 200KB, as a jpg, same size, its 20.8KB.

So this question is for the ZL professionals....Is storing a background as pdb simply for it to load faster? Becasue if such is the case, I dont mind the few seconds extra it takes for a jpeg to load.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Acid Image is the only program I know of for the Palm OS to resize a pic.
    Mr 5000 will it resize directly from the Treo or does it have a desktop counterpart?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Mr 5000 will it resize directly from the Treo or does it have a desktop counterpart?
    It can be done on the Treo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...p-BF029CB6.bmp

Do not scold me for posting an image!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    These images are way to big and make my device very very slow to use. Also, too busy for my liking.

But, they are cool images nonetheless.
    Dang! I havent spent this much time changing the look of my Treo until this thread

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...eon320x320.jpg
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Dang! I havent spent this much time changing the look of my Treo until this thread
    Ack!!! That one is too busy!!!

I have an idea for a thread...follow me Scandalex

It can be done on the Treo

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...p-BF029CB6.bmp

Do not scold me for posting an image!
    Insertion, if you have a bmp, can it be changed to a jpg? Snap stores pics on the card as bmp's, but ZL only recognizes jpg's.

BTW.....Who would dare think to scold you?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Insertion, if you have a bmp, can it be changed to a jpg? Snap stores pics on the card as bmp's, but ZL only recognizes jpg's.

BTW.....Who would dare think to scold you?
    I don't think it will convert, just resize. So...you want to "Snap" a screenshot, and use it as a theme? You are one weird woman.

I don't think it will convert, just resize. So...you want to "Snap" a screenshot, and use it as a theme? You are one weird woman.
    Nope thats not what I want to do. Maybe I asked my question wrong; too many thoughts in my head. Forget Snap for a minute. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...s/rolleyes.gif

I have a lot of pics stored on my card; some jpg, some bmp, ZLauncher sees the the jpg's just fine. Bmp's dont work with ZL, so I'd like to convert from one format to another and wanted to know if AI would do that.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    This is my favorite subject. I have ispin launcher, closest thing to windows down to the working task bar. Notice how it can open/pop up in other apps and the different themes. I use it alone or combined with Zlauncher its looks and works amazing!
    Ready................... Bam!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I think I'll give ispin a try. Looks good!
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pda_jedi
    I think I'll give ispin a try. Looks good!
    There you go to the darkside. Next thing ya know you will be giving a PPC a try...
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    iSpin is pretty cool but it needs quite a bit more work before it can replace ZLauncher. The 5way support is limited and without that a lot of people are going to pass. It kinda reminds me of SkinUI which is a really cool app but it doesn't work with the 5way so I won't use it.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi guys,
    Im using Winlauncher. It makes navigation just like windows. The neat thing about Winlauncher is that you can put any background you want on it. All you have to do is have a jpeg image on your sd card. You navigate to that file and click/hold and then choose wallpaper. It has some resize options so you can make it take up the whole screen or just a portion of it. It's pretty neat and really lets you customize your own stuff easily.
    Later,
    Mike
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by n4cer
    Hi guys,
    Im using Winlauncher. It makes navigation just like windows. The neat thing about Winlauncher is that you can put any background you want on it. All you have to do is have a jpeg image on your sd card. You navigate to that file and click/hold and then choose wallpaper. It has some resize options so you can make it take up the whole screen or just a portion of it. It's pretty neat and really lets you customize your own stuff easily.
    Later,
    Mike
    if it was like windows xp id try it.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by deanfx
    There you go to the darkside. Next thing ya know you will be giving a PPC a try...
    Take a look at my signature, I've already gone to the dark side!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast