Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I installed a splash screen mod posted here in this forum and it seems to have killed my network connection. each time you try and start the phone it says network seach on upper left of screen and stays that way. I have already tried hard reset and other things. Any help would be appreciated.
    Try system> prefs> network> disconnect

Just a guess. If that doesn't work, try a search on "splash screen" to see if others have had the problem. .

Cheers, Perry
    Did you immediately hot sync after the hard reset? If you did -- you may have brought the problem back from the backup reload the hot Sync preformed after the hard reset.

Try a hard reset. No hot sync. Still have the problem? If you do, I'm stumped. If you don't then we have to add stuff back without adding back the splash modification.

Let me know.
  4.    #4  
    Nope, I did a hard reset and tried to connect to the network. No luck. I dont know what happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpedraza
    Nope, I did a hard reset and tried to connect to the network. No luck. I dont know what happened.
    WOW!

Just so we are sure we are on the same page: How did you do a hard reset? Did you get the Erase All Data? Yes, No. Screen?
  6.    #6  
    Yes i pressed the up button on the navigator button to erase all data.
  7.    #7  
    I thought there was a problem with the actuall cell tower in my area.
    Sorry, I'm stumped. Unless someone else jumps in here, my next step would be down to a Sprint Store and see if they can get it to connect.
    I thought there was a problem with the actuall cell tower in my area.
    Call Sprint on a landline and see?

Sprint Tech Support:
    888-211-4727
    866-818-1858 (data support)
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for your help.
    try to reprovision
    Treoing & Loving it
    How do you do that?
  13.    #13  
    Reprovision?
    Reprovision?
    Call Sprint and write down everything they tell you to do on your phone when you repo it. Keep this handy for the future - I remembered to do this procedure a long time ago and forgot the importance when I had to do it again recently.
    He'll still need the lock code, and I doubt he'll know until he calls customer service!
    We will eventually get there! Great idea on the write down of the info. . . now where to put it so it is safe and findable? Treo Memos sounds like one spot. . and then a backup copy in your top desk drawer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    We will eventually get there! Great idea on the write down of the info. . . now where to put it so it is safe and findable? Treo Memos sounds like one spot. . and then a backup copy in your top desk drawer.

Do you have a little spy camera peering into my house?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast