Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great minds, same rut.
    Hehehe. Barley pops all day long on the beach puts mine into a great rut.
  3.    #23  
    So when i go to the sprint store this morning should i just ask them to reprovision?
    you don't need unlock code. go tp the phone app, dial ##3282, hit menu then select update vision profile.
    Treoing & Loving it
  5.    #25  
    well i just got back from the sprint store and after waiting 1 hour they just gave me a new phone in the box. No 1.12 firmware update. I am updating right at this minute.
    Quote Originally Posted by danpedraza
    well i just got back from the sprint store and after waiting 1 hour they just gave me a new phone in the box. No 1.12 firmware update. I am updating right at this minute.
    You jinxed me!

Guess what started at 2pm this afternoon? Same thing, no connection to the PCS Vision. Kept getting this error: (0x7301) Even on the reprovision attempts.

Did everything listed above and then called Sprint. Got to Tech level 2, they went thru all of the above and no dice. They are sending me to the store for "diagnostics". I hope that means a fix or a replacement. He did indicate that it might be something with the 1.12 firmware update that is not showing up for 3 to 4 weeks after the upgrade to it.. . . .he said they have even had a tech bulletin put out on it. . . . . I will see what the store says.

Cheers, Perry.

This is the series of steps the Sprint Level 2 Tech went thru to solve the problem:

Soft Reset. (didn't solve the problem) = dsp
    Reprovision (##3282, menu, Update Vision) dsp
    Hot sync to save data
    Hard Reset
    Hot sync to return data
    tried Internet (same error, dsp)
    Reprovision (same error, dsp)

The tech did not have me try the internet after the hard reset when the Treo was clean. I may try this before going to the store.
    Last edited by gtwo; 07/17/2005 at 09:56 PM.
    Back from the Sprint store with a refurbished replacement unit:
    Hardware A and firmware 1.08

Now I'm wondering if I should stay at 1.08, given what the tech said on the phone last night about this potentially being a delayed (3 to 4 week after install) issue with the 1.12 update. Of course, if it happens again, we just go throught the same process again.. . . . . . .
    My Treo 650 was not the problem. When I hot-synced my refurbished unit to my computer -- the problem came right back! It was some 3rd party software corruption of some sort.

I renamed my backup folder "old", did a hard reset, resynced, got my PIM stuff back, and have now manually re installed all of my third party software again. My connection to the Internet is still fine. I probably could have done this with my original Treo. A swap was not necessary! (I should have listened to that little voice in the back of my head.)

Oh, Well !!
    How can I recreate this so I can get a new phone without scratches
    Oh James, I know you wouldn't do that!!
    Your right I wouldnt
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12