Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    When I sign in now, it connects with the server, but no names show up at all. No buddies, no one.

    On my computer, all is well.

    Any idea??

    I may just delete and re-load and see if that helps
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by voorson
    I may just delete and re-load and see if that helps
    That's exactly what I was going to suggest. That usually fixes most problems.
  3. #3  
    PDAApps support suggested I reinstall 2.86b, but first save the files VeriChatInfoDB, VeriChatProfDB, and VeriChatAliasDB so that I don't have to reconfigure every last thing upon reinstall. The install URL they gave me is http://serv1.verichat.com/beta/latest/VeriChat.prc .

    After saving off a copy of those DB files and removing VeriChat through Zlauncher (as an app, not by DB file), I found a few VeriChat* nasties hanging on after... so removed them manually, which in turn required a reset first since they were opened. Upon installing VeriChat, it promptly wanted to restart... so I copied the saved DB's back after restart and restarted again. VC still wanted to do some setup tasks... but I did those, recopied by DB's and restarted again.

    Now all seems well. We'll see if it actually helps with the restarts. Notice I'm not holding my breath.
  4. #4  
    Well, any updates? My Verichat is crashing after 10 minutes of Always On SMS almost without fail.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    Well, any updates? My Verichat is crashing after 10 minutes of Always On SMS almost without fail.
    Do you have Butler and is SMS notification enabled. If so maybe try disabling the alerts in Verichat.
  6. #6  
    I haven't noticed as many resets since completely reinstalling VeriChat... but I still have had occasions now where switching in or out of VC causes immediate reset. So I still perceive and issue, but it seems like it may been not as bad as previous.
  7. #7  
    Unfortunately, SMS notification is really the only reason I use Verichat. Without SMS notification, I really don't have any use for Verichat, or IM in general.

    What does butler do that may conflict? Can I turn anything off in Butler?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by aristarchus
    Unfortunately, SMS notification is really the only reason I use Verichat. Without SMS notification, I really don't have any use for Verichat, or IM in general.

    What does butler do that may conflict? Can I turn anything off in Butler?

    I'm confused - what is SMS notification? Whats the difference between choosing SMS and Data connection?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  9. frampton's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #9  
    I am using Verichat on a Verizon 650 in the always on mode using SMS. Unfortuately, after I've completed a chat, my data connection often stays active, and I cannot receive calls. How can I get the data to disconnect?
  10. #10  
    Another thing, each time I exit Verichat, and re-enter, the program shows "connecting...." and then my buddies pop up - is this normal? I do have the setting "always on" checked. I just want to make sure that I am indeed always on. Thanks!

    Btw, is there a Verichat forum anywhere?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Another thing, each time I exit Verichat, and re-enter, the program shows "connecting...." and then my buddies pop up - is this normal? I do have the setting "always on" checked. I just want to make sure that I am indeed always on. Thanks!

    Btw, is there a Verichat forum anywhere?
    Thats just for your end....when you select "Always On" this logs your name on the Verichat server so you always appear online to your buddies. Your connection locally which shows all your buddies available, only logs on as needed.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Another thing, each time I exit Verichat, and re-enter, the program shows "connecting...." and then my buddies pop up - is this normal? I do have the setting "always on" checked. I just want to make sure that I am indeed always on. Thanks!
    That's what happens when you switch between SMS and online mode. You literally lose your live VC connection when exiting it, but it will receive SMS'es instead. When you go back to VC itself, it re-establishes it's live connection with the server. Rinse. Repeat.

    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2
    Btw, is there a Verichat forum anywhere?
    Many... all over treocentral. I'm not aware that PDAApps has one on their web site.

Posting Permissions