Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Like everyone here I'm sure, I researched all the cases available for the 650. I have a Vaja for my Tungsten C and I like the i-volution 65. I see that the treocentral store sells the black i-volution which would allow me to receive it this week, instead of 3 - 4 weeks from now when ordered through Vaja. Has anyone purchased the treocentral Vaja? I assume it's in the Vaja box etc. Thanks!
    oh no, here we go
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    oh no, here we go
    Relax, not looking for a case debate. Just wanted to know if their is a benefit to purchasing directly through Vaja or saving time and getting through treocentral.
    Wasn't fearing a debate. Was thinking that someone would be upset that the subject matter must have been covered in another thread. People can get snippy around here for fun.
    Well...since this thread's already been started...I might as well keep it goin', right?

I'm only considering two cases: the Vaja knock off and the Pacific Rim aluminum case. To those who own them, how are they?

How is that hard leather Vaja knock off? Does anybody know how it's different from the Vaja (excluding branding)? How is typing with that case; are the keys on the side harder to type because of the case? Would you feel confident dropping the phone from 3 feet in front of your friends as a demonstration? (LINK: http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-20--256.htm)

Also, how about that Pacific Rim hard case? Does anybody know how much the case affects (or is it effects?) the signal strength? It's made of aluminum...is that better than/worse than/same as other metals (magnesium, etc.) in terms of signal strength (instead of just using bars, use ##DEBUG#, OR ##33284# to look at one of the Tx or Rx lines...which one exactly, I have no idea...and why the signal constantly changes if the phone's still I also have no idea)? How hard is it to open the screen cover; how durable is that latch; after I've used it for a year, will the latch still hold still if it's flung out of my pocket? Would you feel confident dropping the phone from 3 feet in front of your friends as a demonstration? (LINK: http://www.pacrimtechnologies.com/ca...02a64da8d89913)
    Last edited by grndslm; 07/16/2005 at 09:16 PM.
    i have both the vaja t65 and the clone the clone is bulkier and harder to type around the edges the T65 is the perfect case use it for business use the clone on weekends. The aluminum i had and gave it away to my daughter very bulky and heavier in weight.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by fkpalm
    i have both the vaja t65 and the clone the clone is bulkier and harder to type around the edges the T65 is the perfect case use it for business use the clone on weekends. The aluminum i had and gave it away to my daughter very bulky and heavier in weight.

Fred
    This is so frustrating...I think the only way I'll know which one will work for me is if I try both of them. I can't tell how bulky or heavy something is 'til it's in my own hands. Honestly, I don't think either of them could be any worse than the skin case. No extra bulk or weight provides more frustration than hearing a ring and pulling your pocket inside-out and the phone a few seconds after the ringing stops.

Anybody want to buy the case I don't choose??
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm

Anybody want to buy the case I don't choose??

Then we'll have to sift through the drama in the Marketplace forum. You'll send the merchandise, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout

Then we'll have to sift through the drama in the Marketplace forum. You'll send the merchandise, right?
    Sure...once I have cash in hand, you'll have an empty box. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif Just kiddin'...I'm a fairly honest person. However, I'm also a compulsive liar. WHA?!
    Here's what I think is the best case available. It's very padded for accidental falls and has a clear plastic cover over the keys that doesn't interfere with seamless keypad use. It's at Verizon stores, and is less expensive than most I've seen. It also has a belt clip included.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=16850
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Here's what I think is the best case available. It's very padded for accidental falls and has a clear plastic cover over the keys that doesn't interfere with seamless keypad use. It's at Verizon stores, and is less expensive than most I've seen. It also has a belt clip included.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=16850
    That's terrible.

You can't see the screen or use the keyboard with the case on...and once you open it to use the two, you've got this obtrusivly protruding flap.

It's Vaja knockoff or Pacific Rim aluminum case...ain't no way I'm tryin' anything else. I don't use the belt clip (I'm a pocket guy), but I definitely like that both of them give me the option if I decided to use them later.
    I got the vaja knock off. it ads a lot of bulk to the treo. it is not a great pocket case. just too big.
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    I got the vaja knock off. it ads a lot of bulk to the treo. it is not a great pocket case. just too big.
    Gracias. It looks like I'll be keepin' it naked forever, now!!! Unless somebody tells me how great the Pacific Rim case is. I'd certainly like to hear how much the Pacific Rim aluminum case degrades the signal quality. TreoHelper is prolly the best application for this purpose -- thanks to those who try this out.