1.    #1  
    I have searched these forums for this SO PLEASE, if it has been discussed I missed it and forgive me. But does anyone else have a squeal on your end and the other party hears a fax type noise? I don’t know if it is a bluetooth issue - I am using a HBH-660 - but every now and then this happens for 3 to 4 seconds. It is bad when it does.

Thanks!
    No, I don't. And does it happen when you're not using BT or the headset? That's a great way to test it.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    sbdaigo, I've heard it; but I honestly thought that it was coming from the other persons end. I've gotten both the squeal and fax and when I would ask the person I was talking to "whats that" they would say, "what" or "did you hear that," they'd respond they didnt hear anything.

I havent paid much attention to which headset I am using at the time it occurs. I have the 660 and Logitech Mobile Pro. Funny thing though, I only hear it from time to time at night.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    not headset related.

this is something to do with wireline phones systems, when a digital device is calling as far i can tell.
    this has been happening to me for years, with several different "smart" phones.
    iBug
    mac osx user • new beetle pilot • powerbook operator • smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Had the squeal, not the fax.
    - Wouter
    Now here's a wild stab at it...

If you've proven that it's not related to BT, what about the possibility of crosstalk with the CID (caller id) data channel?

The CID data is sent as a burst between the first and second ring on a landline and does sound like modulated data...

I'm not sure how it's handled on a wireless call though...
    OTR, I cant prove that its not headset related as iBug states, but I do know I only hear it when using a headset. And this is after having been on a call for quite a bit of time. When that sound is coming through, the person I am speaking with at the time sort of sounds like their voice is modulated.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    OTR, I cant prove that its not headset related as iBug states, but I do know I only hear it when using a headset. And this is after having been on a call for quite a bit of time. When that sound is coming through, the person I am speaking with at the time sort of sounds like their voice is modulated.
    If you've been on the call for quite a bit of time it eliminates my crosstalk idea as I believe the CID data channel goes idle after the burst is delivered between the first and second ring. hmmmm... unless something else is going on there on a call set-up between a wireless and a landline?

Back to the drawing board...
    Since upgrading to SPCS 1.12 I get the data/fax sounds whenever I use the redial function on my Treo Wireless Headset. They occur during the connection process (while the Treo is looking for the headset). My assumption is that it's some sort of bug in the BT stack on the phone since that process should be silent to the user. I have not encountered those sounds at any other time.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_OTR_Fan
    If you've been on the call for quite a bit of time it eliminates my crosstalk idea as I believe the CID data channel goes idle after the burst is delivered between the first and second ring. hmmmm... unless something else is going on there on a call set-up between a wireless and a landline?

Back to the drawing board...
    i've never experienced it in the middle of a call.
    it may be 2 different things.

the cid crosstalk sounds like it might be a plausible thought for what i have experienced.
    it always happens first thing, before any talking on other end.
    i always have to hang up and redial to get a regular call through.
    iBug
    mac osx user • new beetle pilot • powerbook operator • smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650