Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Ok I am holding Tom Tom Navigator 5 Box in my hands as I type this.
    Here are the steps:

1. If you want to go to a store to pick one up see if there is a Frys Electronics in your city. They usually carry TT NAV 5 IN STOCK.
    Call ahead and ask for either Car Stereo Dept (Where I got mine and all of frys Navigation products are there) and give them this SKU Number: 4463816 They can pull it up in their system. If you simply ask them to look up TOMTOM Navigator Five Bluetooth, they will only pull up TOM TOM 300 and & 700. That is why you need the sku number. If you don't have a Frys Electronics the go to step two...

2.Then go to Frys website it is http://www.frys.com/ and then click on Shop Online www.Outpost.com then you will need to search for TomTom by using the search function and typing in "Navigator" and it will pull up a bunch of GPS stuff but then you can find Tomtom Nav 5. It is 299.00 But I will pay 100.00 more so that I have it in my hands. It is the same price online. I tried to order 100 of them for 29,999.00 and it was going to "try" to charge my
    credit card, but I stopped it.

Now I just need the time to get it to work... I have two T650's one for Sprint(personal) and one for Cingular (work) so I know it's gonna work on one of them.

Enjoy.
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    This is a little easier: click here http://www.tigergps.com/tonablgpsfor.html and get one for $255
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    except I've been trying to order it from Tigergps for a over a week now. It said it was in stock when I ordered and each day that I've called I was told it was in stock or would be there the next day. I have one on hold at the Fry's in Atlanta and as soon as I pick it up, I'll be cancelling my non-shipping tigergps order.
    I ordered it the other day from tigergps and it will be here on monday (damn weekends)
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Picked up one at Fry's on Sat. Since I cancelled my order at Tigergps, that was sitting since 7/5, I was curious if they've gotten it in today?
    Did the same thing...got tired of waiting for Semsons. Approx $320 after tax at Fry's!
    I ordered just the software from TigerGPS today. How long would you guess the wait is?? I have a BlueLogger that works well so I did not want another receiver. I did say pre-order.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    I got it installed and it works on both sprint and cingular very good with real time traffic updates in Los Angeles. I love it!

Frys still has it for those of you waiting for online stores...
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1107
    I got it installed and it works on both sprint and cingular very good with real time traffic updates in Los Angeles. I love it!

Frys still has it for those of you waiting for online stores...
    Does Frys have just the software bundle?
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Does Frys have just the software bundle?
    No. I don't think it is out yet.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I had the same problem with TigerGPS. It said "In stock. Same day shipping..." for it. So I ordered. And it took TWO WEEKS and some nagging. If you want it fast, don't trust TigerGPS's promises.
    TigerGPS has shipped my software-only TT5 order from 6 weeks ago. Just got a UPS tracking # this PM.
    TigerGPS shipped my software only TT5 as well. I received my UPS tracking yesterday. It show to be here Monday. I place the order on the 18th.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Sorry I did not see any software only packages. You have to combine the TT GPS and software.
    You might find TT5 software on its own somewhere on emule, not that i would suggest using cracked software as that would be illegal.
    on tomtom's site it says you can get it at best buy. is that true? it is not on bestbuy.com.

how is 5 working for the folks who have it?
    I received my TT5 software only from TigerGPS today. Installed it to card with several maps. Went to their web site and got the activation code. Then went to my car with my Delorme BlueLogger. Placed the card in the slot and it instantly launched and connected to the BlueLogger. I have mapped a few destinations as I traveled around town and it has been quite accurate. I wish it would say the street name though. It just says "turn in xxx ft". But, the software is MUCH better than the Delorme Street Atlas for Handhelds that I was using.