1.    #1  
    Facts: Sprint 650 w/1.12 Firmware
    Problem: Treo goes in an endless loop. Stuck in hot sync (without initiating it to do so) after I turned it on. Finally I held the off button while resetting to wipe out all memory (It's late and I can't remember the term). Treo still goes to hotsync on it's own after reset. Could a particular button stuck do this?

I was napping when little Joey (future treo 1000 user) got a hold of it and i hear a button being pushed continuously. Checked the screen, looks good around the edges. Checked buttons, all seem well, but endless loop of trying to hot sync. Only a reset works, and returns to hotsyncing. (Ah, thats the term hard reset)

HELP!!!!
    Do a warm reset: press reset hole and press up on the nav button. This should put the Treo into debug mode and stop the reset loops. Then try to see if there's any app causing the loop or if a particular button/hardware prob exists...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    I did a "total" reset and still starts hotsyncing first thing. All it does it go straight to hot Sync. My cable is at work, I'd let it go throught the hot sync, but I think it'lll just keep doing it cause it's doing it straight from a total reset. IT's in an unstopppable hot sync loop.

Then, when if finally times out, i hit that its ok that the cable isn't connected (its at work) then it stops. Then restarts the hotsyncing all over again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa
    I did a "total" reset and still starts hotsyncing first thing. All it does it go straight to hot Sync. My cable is at work, I'd let it go throught the hot sync, but I think it'lll just keep doing it cause it's doing it straight from a total reset. IT's in an unstopppable hot sync loop.

Then, when if finally times out, i hit that its ok that the cable isn't connected (its at work) then it stops. Then restarts the hotsyncing all over again.

WHA?!! First of all, what do you mean by 'total reset', there is no such thing! There is a soft, warm, hard, and zero-out reset option on the 650. Read below to get more detailed info on how to perform each:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(887),ts=Palm_External2001#top

Again, you need to do a warm reset. If your treo is going into a hotsync loop, then it definitely sounds like some kind of hardware issue which may be inducing hotsync...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    I did a Soft, Warm and Hard re-set (But being up that late, I couln't remember what it was called). They did no good. I think it was a H/W issue (Baby drool, shock test, whatever). Took it to SPRINT store and they swapped it out. BTW, it came with 1.08 (I guess they don't upgrade the Firmware on the spot). Looks like I might try out one of Shadomite's

Thanks for the try anyway.
    I have done all of the above mentioned resets and cannot get my phone out of a constant loop. It is defective, a waste of money, and Cingular has the worst customer service ever.
    Did you try a hard reset?