1.    #1  
    is it USB 1.1 or USB 2.0?
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
    Should be usb 1.1 but I think it may not be either as I recall the Treo PD hotsync emulates a serial port!

Anyhoo, I know the LD supports usb 2 so it may be possible in future Treo versions...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    115kbps, which is the max of the serial port specification. It uses USB 1.1, which can go much higher, but 115kbps is the max it will use.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
  4.    #4  
    argh, that's terribly slow. it's slower than my internet connection. i'll probably not buy that software that makes my treo acts like a usb SD card reader, because it would be useless at that speed.

is it possible to synchronize through the wireless network? at least that way i'd get 11Mbps.

oh, but that wouldn't be such a good idea either, since i'm gonna have to remove the SD card in order to use the wireless network...grrrrr!!

so is there anything i can do for faster transfer rates?
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
    Well, if there were a wifi card that works on the treo, you could do it over the network. The USB sync is pretty fast, but I wouldnt use it as an SD card reader.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by msafi
    argh, that's terribly slow. it's slower than my internet connection. i'll probably not buy that software that makes my treo acts like a usb SD card reader, because it would be useless at that speed.

is it possible to synchronize through the wireless network? at least that way i'd get 11Mbps.

oh, but that wouldn't be such a good idea either, since i'm gonna have to remove the SD card in order to use the wireless network...grrrrr!!

so is there anything i can do for faster transfer rates?

You mean card export II? That has nothing to do with max hotsync transfers!! When you said data transfer speeds above, I was assuming you were talking about hotsync, and it is true the Treo PD emu a serail port for hotsync. However Card export II utilizes it usb drivers to work, and does not use hotsync protocol at all! I find it to be quite fast fyi...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions