1.    #1  
    every time i leave my treo idle the screen goes black and when i unlock it it says the phone is off and i was wondering if that is normal and also can i stop it from turning the phone off
    I'm not touchin' this one.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Welcome dude!

I have Sprint and have never had the problem. . . .

What carrier? Look under that forum or search for "phone turning off"

Cheers, Perry.
    phone turning off . . . had this thread at the top, oh well.

I know this has been discussed at length. . . knock around for awhile . . you will probably find it. . .
  5.    #5  
    well its a cingular and its just the phone part so i have to search for network everytime is that normal?
    I was having the same problem with my Cingular 650. I tried rebooting it, deleting all aftermarket phone applications like TreoGuard, etc and nothing worked.

Then I heard that the stupid game that somes with the phone Zap (The one with the spaceship) was causing some issues with the phone app. I tried the latest version of the app, but still had the problems.

So I deleted the Zap game from my Treo, reloaded TreoGuard, and never had the issue again. My phone used to turn off 3-4 times a day. Now it has been up and running for 9 days straight with no issues.

Give that a try.
  7.    #7  
    i dont have any games or anything its right out the box
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeonthenet88
    i dont have any games or anything its right out the box
    Then its time to return it for a new one, cause this one is broke.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    There are several posts about the SIM card causing the phone to turn off. If you pull the SIM card the phone turns off. I reseated my SIM card and put a small piece of paper to make it tighter.
  10.    #10  
    ya i didnt know it was called the radio cause im new but i found that post and now my phone works amazingly