1.    #1  
    When someone calls me who is NOT in my address book, I have a strange thing going on that is probably not the fault of TakePhone--but I'm not sure.

When I hang up with this person, I'm asked if I want to save the # to my address book; however, this dialog comes & goes so fast that I don't have the chance to act on it. Instead, the call disconnects, and then I don't have the opportunity to add this number to my address book.

Have you seen this behavior on your 650?

Bob
    We will get back to you after insertions 5,000's post
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    When someone calls me who is NOT in my address book, I have a strange thing going on that is probably not the fault of TakePhone--but I'm not sure.

When I hang up with this person, I'm asked if I want to save the # to my address book; however, this dialog comes & goes so fast that I don't have the chance to act on it. Instead, the call disconnects, and then I don't have the opportunity to add this number to my address book.

Have you seen this behavior on your 650?

Bob
    Hi,

Yes - I am aware of this - that's cause TAKEphONE tries to "Return to TAKEphONE after call" as configured in it's preferences.

Problem is TAKEphONE doe snot know about this dialog, so when it is notified the call ended - it re-launches (thus closing the dialog).

Still trying to figure out what to do here...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

Yes - I am aware of this - that's cause TAKEphONE tries to "Return to TAKEphONE after call" as configured in it's preferences.

Problem is TAKEphONE doe snot know about this dialog, so when it is notified the call ended - it re-launches (thus closing the dialog).

Still trying to figure out what to do here...
    Would it be possible to build a configurable or default delay BEFORE returning to TAKEphONE? That would definitely solve the problem, but I would guess that it's hard to implement...?
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilver
    Would it be possible to build a configurable or default delay BEFORE returning to TAKEphONE? That would definitely solve the problem, but I would guess that it's hard to implement...?
    Yes...

What I might try is - only if I detect (if I can detect) that dialog - I will add a countdown to it - if you take no action, then it will close and return to TAKEphONE, if you do something - TAKEphONE will get out of the picture...

If I cant make this work, then I will try - if I can detect the dialog, then TAKEphONE will not take control at all (same thing I currently do with the "Redial" dialog.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Yes...

What I might try is - only if I detect (if I can detect) that dialog - I will add a countdown to it - if you take no action, then it will close and return to TAKEphONE, if you do something - TAKEphONE will get out of the picture...

If I cant make this work, then I will try - if I can detect the dialog, then TAKEphONE will not take control at all (same thing I currently do with the "Redial" dialog.
    After looking through TAKEphONE a bit more, you always have the option to look at the call log/call/details and choose "Save" - not as quick, but I would guess it doesn't really matter - you can add it to your address book/contacts any time you want...
    David
  7.    #7  
    After looking through TAKEphONE a bit more, you always have the option to look at the call log/call/details and choose "Save" - not as quick, but I would guess it doesn't really matter - you can add it to your address book/contacts any time you want...
    True, but then that takes away the elegance of having an all-in-one phone, doesn't it? One of the wonderful things about the Treo is its interactivity between the phone and the Palm apps...

I have faith that Shimon's brilliant mind will figure it out... he's on a quest now!

Bob
    True, but then that takes away the elegance of having an all-in-one phone, doesn't it? One of the wonderful things about the Treo is its interactivity between the phone and the Palm apps...

I have faith that Shimon's brilliant mind will figure it out... he's on a quest now!

Bob
    True, direct interaction is always more elegant - and what is the Treo if NOT elegant? I'm liking this program more and more each day - and it's only been 2 days so far...
    David
  9.    #9  
    True, direct interaction is always more elegant - and what is the Treo if NOT elegant? I'm liking this program more and more each day - and it's only been 2 days so far...
    You'll love it more and more as time goes on. When I went back to the phone app and tried to use it, just to see if perhaps I was missing something in the original phone app, I was more enamored than ever with TakePhone. For me, it's THE essential Treo application.

Bob
    You'll love it more and more as time goes on. When I went back to the phone app and tried to use it, just to see if perhaps I was missing something in the original phone app, I was more enamored than ever with TakePhone. For me, it's THE essential Treo application.

Bob
    Agreed 100%. I just showed a fellow Treo owner today that just the option of viewing 10 speed dials (without even having to know which key was which) was a phenomenal time saver. I'm really enjoying exploring it and might EVEN have to look at the docs - just to get the most out of it.
    David