1.    #1  
    Well, after several months of relatively good service, my Treo decided to burp today. I was watching the season premiere of Stargate SG-1 (which rocks! ) and I had the phone on the kitchen counter. I heard the phone turn off (the chime). I thought "eh, weird, but I am busy now". After I watched the shows I picked up the phone, tried to turn it on, but it wouldnt. No matter what I tried (soft reset, push buttons, launch Blazer) it wouldnt turn the phone on. Every time I would try to launch Blazer, it would soft-reset. Very weird.

Soooo, I decide to follow my own advice. I hard reset the phone, worked like a champ. heh. I restored from my last backup (which was 2 days ago using BackupBuddyVFS to the card) and I am up and running again.

So, what have we learned here? A good backup program is your friend.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    And, Stargate SG-1 will corrupt your Treo.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  3.    #3  
    I just got the Asgard shield attachment for the SD slot the other day. Should take care of that corruption problem...

Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    a burp is way better than a brain fart.
    What's the difference between a hotsync and a backup (other than being able to store it on the card)? Can I get my Treo back like it is with just a hotsync?
    I agree!!!! I was on a trip and didn't take my laptop with me adn my treo begin to do the reset loop dance. In which only a hard reset would get me out of it. I was pissed because all my numbers were gone so who was I going to call to hangout with and party with!!! But then I remembered I had backupman and one little restore and I was up and parting in the clubs and bars all weekend long!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    What's the difference between a hotsync and a backup (other than being able to store it on the card)? Can I get my Treo back like it is with just a hotsync?
    After a hard reset, a hot sync to your user id will restore you to your last hot sync.

Cheers, Perry