1.    #1  
    Can anyone point me to some quality time billing software. I will need to be able to import and export from it. I have looked at several packages but most are poorly done or just plan don't work correctly with the 650.

TIA

d
    I gave up on all of them because they just didn't cut it for what I needed. I wound up getting a php/MySQL task system for clients to enter tasks (or enter them myself) and track time there. Since the one I use has a mobile interface I just found it better for me.

Before that I settled for using the calendar - I know, crazy but at least I got solely the data I wanted.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    I gave up on all of them because they just didn't cut it for what I needed.
    Pamela

NOT
    what I wanted to hear..... but I do KNOW what you mean. Most of what I have seen so far is crap. Seems like there would be a reasonable market for this type of app to make it worth someone's time to create it.

d
    Well all I wanted was something simple so I could throw my time into QB Online. Sorry to let you down on my post. I'm sure someone else will chime in, and hopefully recommend an app you can use, but right now, other than me using my online system, I'd be logging via Excel using Docs2Go.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I heard that Datebk5 can generate and keep track of billing time. Not sure how it works, but you can always read the 100 pg manual to find out

http://www.pimlicosoftware.com/datebk5-v54a-manual.zip
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    ...I'd be logging via Excel using Docs2Go.
    Yip! That's what I do: a simple excel time sheet...
    Quote Originally Posted by rahenkamp
    Can anyone point me to some quality time billing software. I will need to be able to import and export from it. I have looked at several packages but most are poorly done or just plan don't work correctly with the 650.

TIA

d
    Take a look at T.E.A.K. (Time, Expense, Automobile Keeper) from:

www.eb7.com

I have been using this software on every Palm, including now, my Treo 650.
    Has a conduit to it's desktop counterpart. Prints reports and can be
    exported to TimeSlips and Quikbooks.

Not the cheapest, but you said quality software that works. Also, a straight-forward and intuitive interface.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    Take a look at T.E.A.K. (Time, Expense, Automobile Keeper) from:

www.eb7.com

I have been using this software on every Palm, including now, my Treo 650.
    Has a conduit to it's desktop counterpart. Prints reports and can be
    exported to TimeSlips and Quikbooks.

Not the cheapest, but you said quality software that works. Also, a straight-forward and intuitive interface.
    Thanks!!

and for a Mac not too expensive ($24) BUT when I try to export to the memo pad. ( a MUST have) I get an error that says "cannot open memo pad"

Do you know what that is about?
    Quote Originally Posted by rahenkamp
    Thanks!!

and for a Mac not too expensive ($24) BUT when I try to export to the memo pad. ( a MUST have) I get an error that says "cannot open memo pad"

Do you know what that is about?
    Your welcome!

I will forward your post to the developer, who I just happen to know.

Perhaps he can help you with the MemoPad export issue. Personally,
    when I use it I export to either Excel or Word.

He should be able to help you.

Dave