1.    #1  
    hello there everyone,

i just received my treo 650 yesterday and i have two questions.

1) how can i make my treo 650 only beeps once when i receive a call. i'm used to nokia phones that have this feature. this way i never have to switch my phone to silent, because one beep never bothers anybody. and i can almost always hear it.

2) i don't like it when palm tries to capitalize my letters for me, whether at the beginning of a sentence after the period or whenever. is there a way to disable this feature?

3) do the contact pictures in outlook synchronize with the treo?

your help is very much appreciated.

thanks,

msafi,
    Last edited by msafi; 07/15/2005 at 06:45 PM.
    Hi, and WELCOME!

1. That's the ringtone - so you'll want to pull out your manual so you can follow the steps into SOUNDS...

2. I did a search here on this and got this:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...capitalization

3. I'll let someone else who actually does this handle this.

By the way - there's a handy search tool in the upper right of the screen. That will become your best friend as you learn the ins and outs of your Treo!

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by msafi
    hello there everyone,

3) do the contact pictures in outlook synchronize with the treo?
    Yes, and vice-versa, if you add a pic into Contacts, it'll sync with Outlook.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    @pamela

1. i know where to find sounds. the option that i'm talking about is not included there.

2. thank you for the link.

by the way, the search feature of treocentral.com has been my friend now for more than 2 years. yes, i been watching the site for a long time, but didn't get to buying a treo 'til now (really long story) )

thank you for the help.

@insertion
    that's great. thank you. i'll be testing this in few hours when i'm done with repairing my laptop and tabletpc.
    Are you referring to an alert that you have a voicemail or a missed call then?

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
  6.    #6  
    when i receive a call, i want my treo to make a beep once and only once, then i want it to keep vibrating, like in the nokias.
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
    So it *is* a ringtone then... because that's what sounds when you get a call. Unless you're talking about a system sound, and there's settings for those too.

Insertion may be better at answering this question.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    You will have to find or create your own ringtone which will consist of a single beep (and I recommend that the single beep be followed by an extended silence). Then you use the preference settings to select your "single beep" ringtone, along with the option of having the phone set to "ring AND vibrate".
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by thegasguru
    You will have to find or create your own ringtone which will consist of a single beep (and I recommend that the single beep be followed by an extended silence). Then you use the preference settings to select your "single beep" ringtone, along with the option of having the phone set to "ring AND vibrate".
    i did that before with my Sony Ericsson P900, but i believe it damaged the speaker. it started producing distorted sounds. i think that trick is unhealthy for the treo because it would leave the speaker on for, say, 60 seconds everytime someone calls and i don't pick up. that's why i want a software that makes the treo beeps once then turns off the speaker.

thanks,

msafi,
    The closest the Treo has imbedded, is the "Alert Beep". The phone beeps twice each time it rings. Nothing with a single beep, though.
  11.    #11  
    my "smartphone" is being really dumb then ... stupid phone!
  12.    #12  
    i just downloaded the program that was supposed to disable the auto capitalization. it doesn't. it just disables autocorrect for some words, such as hel -> hell, wel -> well and so on...