Anyone else suffering from troubles with their 650 attempting to use Cingular's voicemail. I'm out of ideas. I have applied the particular ROM update that was suggested to fix troubles with voice mail access and had a little bit better luck.

In the end - it seems to "goof up" you password requiring a reset. Once you have reset it - it seems to last for about a day or less.

Today - I think we narrowed it down to the DTMF tones not being correctly registered by the voicemail system.

Any cure for this terrible loop?

Thanks in advance.

-ps
    There does seem to be a DTMF problem for updated 650s with DTMF tones being too long. Try using the on-screen keyboard (Dial pad) instead of the hard keys to enter the numbers - it may help.
    I have tried - same results for both. About 50% of the time - you will not be able to access voice mail. For some reason it seems a little better if you call your own number, let it roll to voice mail then access it. I was also shown that you can call your own mobile # from another line / press * while the greeting is on, then your password. Doesn't use any minutes and works with all other phones.

I'm going to try programming a favorite to dial the other way - including pauses and pw to see if I can fool it.

This update didn't seem to fix it.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...ilUpdater.html

-ps
    I have two 650's with Cingy and neither suffer from this. Only if I try to listen to voicemail via speakerphone have I ever had this happen. I can dial voicemail via landline but from what I understand, not everyone may not be able to.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Since the upgrade the DTMF tones are too long on my GSM unbranded Treo to access our company email. I am supposed to enter two "*" tones to get the prompt to enter my mailbox number and password, but it will not recognize the two "*" no matter what I do - keyboard, screen, or pre-programed. Ugh.