Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    There's another similar skin case out there...I have just placed and order and will compare it with zcover.
    http://pdaden.com/shop/catalog/produ...r_cat_472.html
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Will you ever stop buying these cases?
    May be they are paying you guys more in Canada?

BTW interesting case , seems to be a hybrid between Speck and Zcover.
    My tech gray Z cover will be here tomorrow.
    Seems like it will add lot of bulk.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Hehehe. I am just a case-crazy doc. Anyway, zcover is a great case but I am always at a lookout for a better case. Speck is too thick, in my opinion. But, I like the better screen protection it offers. So maybe this caPDAse case will be the answer. I still use my Vaja cases. People here in the hospital are always trying to see which case I use from day to day
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    So far since I bought the zcover the little camera cover still works perfectly. It would have been difficult to make it form fitting without covering up the mirror, IMHO, and it's a easy trade off for the protection of the camera cover - which I never understood being left uncovered. The hold back works perfectly for me.

Like any sticky case, it is sticky! I don't have a problem getting it out of my jeans pocket although there is a little resistance, which is understood. The grip works well for me and the case also absorbed the shock of a few drops.

Thanks for the comments and the additional discussion guys. I like seeing when good products are brought to the forefront and am a proponent of building the better mousetrap instead of selling well marketed disposable crap.
    I just realize their camera cover is great, it does protect the camera lens very well.

Also first time for me to learn the zCover can absorb the shock and keep my treo safe!
    Got my tech gray Z cover.
    You can see the keys nicely. I wish the color was more dark like charcoal black.
    It is a nicecover , however will aggressively continue the search for the best cover!!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Has anyone had problems with the silicone stretching out with this case? I ask because I currently have a speck silicone case and it has streched to the point that it no longer looks good. I know that it has stretched because I have removed it several times to reset and access the sd card, but I am a little unhappy with it. Recently the cheap beltclip it came with broke and I really liked the protection the case offered.
    Thanks
    Ed
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    I've been using the Z Cover since it first came out, and here's a few observations:

- You can leave your original stylus a fraction of an inch up in the slot so the end is flush with the Zcover. That way there's a little gap to get your finger nail in, and the cover holds the stylus steadfast.

-The Camera cover is pretty durable. It won't keep out all the dust, but will protect against scratches. I wish it locked shut though.

- I really hated how difficult the belt clip was to get off of a belt. I'm glad they made it this way now because it WILL NOT accidentally come off. Once you get used to the two way movement of the tip of the clip, taking it off your belt becomes much easier with one hand.

- I've gotten used to using the tip of my finger on the 5way. It could have been better, but it's not an issue now days.

- The case loosens up after removing and washing it a few times. It's much easier to get to the reset button now days.

- Hated the covered SD slot at first, but love it now after hearing about all these lost SD cards. It's not difficult at all to remove the tip portion of the case to get to the Card.

- The microphone hole needs to be a little bigger. Doesn't really present a problem though.

Verdict? The case is a little quirky at first, but after a few good weeks of use, you will love it. Best thing about it of course is the protection. I KNOW I can drop my phone from 5 feet and it will be just fine.
    u are absolutely right, I see how useful their covered SD slot. zCover gives the best protection for my treo. this is what i need from a case. Also my pink color really catches others eyes
    I just have a hard time getting over a silicon cover for the keys. I have friends with cases that cover the keys, and it is just the worst-experience-EVER (as spoken like the Comic Book Guy) to use the keyboard.

Are you people REALLY saying that typing with this case is not a problem, or even better than being caseless?

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Keyboard is not a problem . The silicon attracts lots of powdery lint. I returned mine today.
    I have no poblems using the keyboard thru the rubber.
    No more rhymes...and this time I mean it!
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Wow, I am very impressed with this case, in fact I am typing this from my treo and I think its easier to type with this cover on than off. The fit is excellent. Now if it doesn't stretch, over time, like my speck silicone case did then I will really think its perfect.
    Hi, I just order a pink and grey. I didn't see where the screen protector is and also the strap to hang it is missing too. Am I missing something or did Zcover started to cut back?
    Thank you slinky, Thank you for your review. I may order it today. I think grey is good :-)
    Can anyone compare this zcover to the javoskin??? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wernst
    I just have a hard time getting over a silicon cover for the keys. I have friends with cases that cover the keys, and it is just the worst-experience-EVER (as spoken like the Comic Book Guy) to use the keyboard.

Are you people REALLY saying that typing with this case is not a problem, or even better than being caseless?

-Warr
    Hey, wernst, I like your avatar...

BH
    Mine is pink one. I do not have typing problem at all with zcover on. it wroks perfect. maybe the cover for each key is not fit it properly. or you may prefer leather one. or still takes time to get used to it

All the fellows with treo just asked me where I got this case. really amazing case! I love it!
    For those that use the belt clip, I did not see any mention (and apologies if it was discussed) in the thread about how secure people thought the latching points to the clip itself are. I know the PDF manual on zcover's site has a disclaimer that the clip is meant for "normal" use and not high activity situations... and I've read comments that the clip itself is designed fairly well. I'm just curious about how good the contact points to the clip seem/feel in real world use.

Comments?
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    1) Screen protector is somewhat worthless IMHO. It's a clear piece of plastic. I just use screen protectors designed for it, e.g. Palm's or writerights. There is a wrist strap but I can't remember why I didn't use it. It may require the belt clip being on there... I dont' remember.

2) The belt clip -- it's really sturdy for what it is and I'm very impressed. The reason why it might be disclaimed for high activity situations is because it is attached to a silicon case, not a hard piece of plastic. The silicon has some give to it. I can't imagine that in regular activity it wouldn't easily be sufficient unless you plan on playing volleyball with it on.
    Appreciate the follow up slinky.

I kinda of figure a failure point would be the latches on the case itself since it is soft silicon. I was more curious as to the latching mechanism to the clip. The PDF showed some kinda of gate you move to secure it. Wondering if that has any chance of accidentally getting moved or sheared off.

TIA
    Has anyone found a good vehicle mount that can be used with a Treo + a ZCover glove with belt clip on?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast