1.    #1  
    I tried the Sedio 2 in 1 and the sound quality is terrible. so, Im looking for the best retractable stereo headphones with the 2.5mm plug for the 650. Seidio has them, but I can't imagine them being any good. Boxwave has them too, but I am hesitant to buy them without hearing them (or seeing positive reviews). Any suggestions?
    I've been screaming and digging for this forever. So have at least half a dozen on this forum. Why can't somebody make a decent 2-in-1 and make a small fortune along the way?

What I'm looking for is simple, Seidio 2-in-1 with better quality. Boxwave miniBuds is for music only, not headset. And Seidio apparently has been ignoring quality complaints. With the kind of build quality, they're probably just happy with the 250% profit margin.
  3.    #3  
    how is the Boxwave sound quality (the music only ones).
  4. Buh
    I know these heaphones don't have the 2.5mm plug, but they work great with the 'tadpole' 3.5mm adapter from the treo central store. They're MDR-Q66s from Sony and run about $30 at most stores. I don't like ear-bud headphones because they irritate my ear canals, so I had to have some that had the hooks and since I was doing that, I wanted a larger speaker...these fit the bill.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sidekick B&W > Sidekick Color > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh
    I know these heaphones don't have the 2.5mm plug, but they work great with the 'tadpole' 3.5mm adapter from the treo central store. They're MDR-Q66s from Sony and run about $30 at most stores. I don't like ear-bud headphones because they irritate my ear canals, so I had to have some that had the hooks and since I was doing that, I wanted a larger speaker...these fit the bill.
    These look nice, what's the sound quality like?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I purchased this on ebay for a really cheap price and it looks very similar to the Seido 2in1 except for the brand. The sound is ok but my Sony earpiece sounds a lot better. I was able to take the controller piece apart on this thing. I think I will take the headset off the controller and solder my Sony ones on to it. Do you guys know of any reason why this shouldn't work?
    Has anyone tried these JAVOeBuds 2.5mm Retractable Stereo Earphones? I have been thinking about get two pairs.

https://mytreo.net/store/product.php...8f2ced3332387e
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Has anyone tried these JAVOeBuds 2.5mm Retractable Stereo Earphones? I have been thinking about get two pairs.

https://mytreo.net/store/product.php...8f2ced3332387e
    I have a pair. I love them, though admittedly my sony backphones sound better. For portability, these win hands-down.

I did have to get some foam pads for them to help keep them in my ears...but that could be me. I am probably going to pickup some eargels to see if those help as well.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    I tried the Sedio 2 in 1 and the sound quality is terrible. so, Im looking for the best retractable stereo headphones with the 2.5mm plug for the 650. Seidio has them, but I can't imagine them being any good. Boxwave has them too, but I am hesitant to buy them without hearing them (or seeing positive reviews). Any suggestions?
    As I write this, I am using Seidio's retractable 2-in-1 music enthusiast headset. I think that they sound great. This is the $50 version and in my opinion it is well worth it. I also use "headset control" to control pocket tunes via the control button. This is the perfect setup for both music and telephony.

Give this a try, you won't be disappointed.

Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by dean2526
    how is the Boxwave sound quality (the music only ones).
    I have the Boxwave's - sound quality is okay, not supurb. It's a tradeoff. For me, the retractible feature is a must. Really got tired of untangling the cord.

Part of the problem is that the retractible feature probably shortens the life expectancy of the earbuds (repetitive pull), so I wouldn't want to spend a lot on a nice set (Shure's for example) only to have to replace them in six months. I'm waiting on someone to solve the A2DP problem so we can loose the wire altogether.
    What's the best retractable headset out there (regardless of price)?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    I realize this is an old thread, and that there are plenty of other Seidio crappy quality threads, but this one had the keywords 2-in1 Music Enthusiast Headset, and I wanted to add this to the archive for future searchers:

The Seidio 2 in 1 Music Enthusiast Headset Sucks. I would characterize them as sounding like the cheapest swapmeet inear headphones, sounding like it has a frequency range of 500-10K or something mediocre like that. But they are stylish, dammit, I do have to admit that. But DRAT the poor sound.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked : AT&T/Cingular