Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lovecostarica
    jgm: I can't tell you if this file was modified prior to my receipt or not. I purchased a manuf (PalmOne) unbranded GSM world-phone. The ROM package has worked excellent for me, and has the same apps/items in it that mine originally had.... and now still does, avec the removals and additions I use. I'm interested, what apps are in, or not in, that are different than your phone/Treo?

M
    There are several files that are the same app but have different names such as on mine there is "Touchscreen" and yours has "Digitizer", yours has "HS_HtmlLib", mine has "HtmlLib", etc. Yours has "HiddenAddress", "HiddenDatebook", "HiddenMemo", "HiddenTodo", "SetupApp", "TcpHtalLib", "Splashscreen", mine has none of these. Mine has "SlotDriver:SDIO", "Palm OS Data", "Pace", Yours doesn't.

I went through this very quickly so probably didn't catch everything. I am sure in the end everything will appear the same to the user. It just makes me wonder about the source. I wonder if unlocked GSMs in various parts of the world have differences? Yours was purchased from PalmOne and mine was purchased in Asia. In the end it likely doesn't matter. I'm just the kind of guy who likes to scour the details because sometimes it leads to interesting discoveries.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post these, by the way.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgm
    There are several files that are the same app but have different names such as on mine there is "Touchscreen" and yours has "Digitizer", yours has "HS_HtmlLib", mine has "HtmlLib", etc. Yours has "HiddenAddress", "HiddenDatebook", "HiddenMemo", "HiddenTodo", "SetupApp", "TcpHtalLib", "Splashscreen", mine has none of these. Mine has "SlotDriver:SDIO", "Palm OS Data", "Pace", Yours doesn't.

I went through this very quickly so probably didn't catch everything. I am sure in the end everything will appear the same to the user. It just makes me wonder about the source. I wonder if unlocked GSMs in various parts of the world have differences? Yours was purchased from PalmOne and mine was purchased in Asia. In the end it likely doesn't matter. I'm just the kind of guy who likes to scour the details because sometimes it leads to interesting discoveries.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post these, by the way.

So we are comparring two unite. One was purchased from Palm One and one in Asia. Who was the source in Asia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    So we are comparring two unite. One was purchased from Palm One and one in Asia. Who was the source in Asia?
    Actually it shouldn't matter because I have done the upgrade as downloaded from the PalmOne site so mine should be the same as any other upgraded unlocked GSM. I wonder if they show up differently on the phone than on the computer?
    I installed the custom ROM #2 and then updated the firmware to 1.30. After restoring the device using BackupMan from my previous setup (1.30 without removing the language files, Real Player, Versamail, etc.), I now have over 10MB of Dbcache whereas I had less than 9MB before. It seems that using a smaller ROM will give more Dbcache. Not bad.
    same here. not bad indeed. Thanks for posting these roms.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    For Custom 2 (no Versamail).
    Do I need to delet the Versamail folder (in the user folder) for my first Hotsync?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Do I need to delet the Versamail folder (in the user folder) for my first Hotsync?
    Also would it be safe to delete any files called Versamail from Desktop's Palm folder?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    Also would it be safe to delete any files called Versamail from Desktop's Palm folder?
    There are also the following dll files which reside on Palm Dsektop Folder
    MM_IMAPLANG.dll
    MM_IMAPMsgHost.dll
    MM_MAPILANG.dll
    MM_MAPIMsgHost.dll
    MM_NOTESLANG.dll
    MM_NOTESMsgHost.dll
    MM_POPLAANG.dll
    MM_POPMsgHost.dll
    MM_SMAPILANG.dll
    MM_SMAPIMsgHost.dll
    MMPluginMgr.dll
    MMSYNCLANG.dll

What to do with these files?
  9.    #29  
    mateen:

Already answered at other site.
    I can provide a mirror if needed.

I'm going to test out the #2 rom.
    i read that this was only for a unlocked gsm, what if i tried this on a cingular gsm?

will it work correctly or not or will i need to get it unlocked 1st (or plain jane gsm roms don't work with cingular roms)?

thanks,

ahmed
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
  12.    #32  
    frank:

You'd have to re-do your Cingular ROM to make your Cingular unlocked first, which has it's own process. Then apply a custom ROM.

Check this link. There also must be some on this site. I have not looked.

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,16109.0.html

M
    Last edited by lovecostarica; 07/19/2005 at 08:36 AM.
    so where is that mirror site? STILL can't get to the URLs.

i've installed the uncustomized 1.28 fw on a locked cingular/ATT treo 650. so i don't think you need a unlocked treo to install this firmware. but i think you need to be on at least 1.23 before going to 1.28
  14.    #34  
    So far one person is hostng teeh files, and had to put on a daily download limit as the traffic was too high for his site. He says for folks to keep trying.

I wish someone else/others would offer to host the custom ROM files.

Anyone?

Maria
    Can anyone put theese files on rapidshare.de? They host for free...
    I am looking for 1.28 SD card version (without tutorial, realplayer, and english language only)
    and (no versamail version, if it's possible too)

Thanx..:-)
    the downloads seem to be working today. i was able to get all 3 files (just in case). i'll just and load these up! thanks for posting the customizable ones!
    u guys notice u cant use the "send" function with pictures or ringtones anymore?

or is it just me?
    sanny
    los angeles, ca
    tmo with unbranded unlocked treo 650
    coolest thing: bluetooth syncing and internet browsing!
    i just tested that out and yeah i got a reset tring to send a picture. What ersion of the rom did you use. I used #2 and then i added my own apps.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by megaace
    I am looking for 1.28 SD card version (without tutorial, realplayer, and english language only)

Megaace:

Try #2.

Maria
    Last edited by lovecostarica; 07/22/2005 at 08:00 PM.
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by megaace

I'm trying to upload a file right now... (from dial-up )

Tried and nope - I will not upload from here (Costa Rica dial up).

Anyone else able to get them up? If you'er willing and provide the links, I'll put into top post.

Gracias,

M
    Last edited by lovecostarica; 07/22/2005 at 07:58 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast