1.    #1  
    I'm having trouble geeting my wired headset to work, tho it may be my fault. I have so many of them from past phones and they all look the same! I'm not sure I'm using the correct one (the one that came packed in the Treo box).

So could someone please help me identify my original headset? The only differences I can easily see is that they are all different lenghts and some look like a single wire and some look like two wires joined side by side. Could someone please measure the lenght from plug to connector and dicribe the syle wire and let me know. They maybe I can sort out if the problem is within the Treo or just that I'm using the wrong headset.

Thanks for any help.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    If you have a 650, then the headset that came with it has a gold male end, a clip and an answer button (you click it to answer). It does have a center groove in the wire (two wires) and the earpiece is a bit thick (too large for my ear for sure).

I've never bought a headset that wouldn't work with my phone though I've heard others say certain headsets won't (which I don't understand).

I use a $10 one by Sony.
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  3.    #3  
    Thanks mediasi...but this didn't help...all 4 of the headsets I have have the clip and answer button setup...but NONE of them has a gold connector tip...and I KNOW one of them is the one that came in the 650 box. They are all different lengths tho...

Could someone please measure their STOCK OEM Treo 650 headset and tell me the length please.
    Sure, got a ruler? I don't normally carry one of those around.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Try 48 inches (lucky for you I had a sheet of paper).

Also look for CE on the black end.

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    The best headset I have is actually one I had to pick up at a Verizon store and Verizon branded. It has a small boom that extends and the other piece clips onto your earlobe. There aren't that many so you can find it. People think it sounds miles better than the supplied handset and performs reasonably well. I'm happy with it.
    I bought myself a Jabra Boom over-the-ear one. Great Sound quality. Blows away the crappy one that comes with the Treo. I also have a Bluetooth one..but it's constantly out of batteries - so I mostly use the wired one. I don't know how other people feel, but I find it challenging enough to keep my phone chared...I don't really like having to worry about my headset as well.
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    The best headset I have is actually one I had to pick up at a Verizon store and Verizon branded. It has a small boom that extends and the other piece clips onto your earlobe. There aren't that many so you can find it. People think it sounds miles better than the supplied handset and performs reasonably well. I'm happy with it.
    This sounds like the one I got at Sprint store. Mine is a Plantronics M-153, I think. By far, the best and most comfortable headset I have ever owned. I regularly ask when using it if I sound like I am on a wireless phone and the responses are constantly no, 'I thought you were on a wireline'. Good testament to the headset and SPCS, IMHO.
    Hmm, I researched, I measured, and nary a response back. Hmmmphhhh!

Pamela
    DesignExtend.com
  10.    #10  
    Sorry...been on vacation. 48"...are you sure? NONE of the 4 I have are that long!
    best i can do with the camera I have.

http://hakker.org/~xiii/Photo_072005_002.jpg
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by XiiiXiii
    Thanks for the effort...but it's un-indentafiable! What I'm try to to is identify which of the four headsets I own actaully came with the Treo...they all look EXACTLY alike excet for the total length...but none of them is 48"
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if the New Plantronics MX510-N3 will work with the Treo 650?

It has the same connector as the M-153-N1.

If not why doesn't Plantronics make a compatible headset with the answer and end buttons for the Treo 650.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Frydog

Treo 300 ----> Treo 600 ----> Treo 650 ----> Treo 700p ----> whats next???

www.lostorder.com (Gaming)
    www.big-hump.com (Hashing)
    Quote Originally Posted by XiiiXiii

http://hakker.org/~xiii/Photo_072005_002.jpg

To quote Scandalex in another post. Did you take this picture with a treo 600?