1.    #1  
    No matter how many times I hit cancel when it tries to connect, it still tries to connect. Even when I use the disconnect in preferences; doesn't matter. I even closed Chatter and Verichat, the only two programs that use it, and it still does this. This persistent connection issue has been going on since I did the upgrade to 1.28 from Cingular. Very annoying, and I need a resolution for this.

While I do have an unlimited network package, some times it loses a connection and tries to connect right when I'm about to make a phone call or do something on the PDA, and I'm forced to wait until it does, and if it can't get a connection, it will simply keep trying to connect, blocking me from doing other things on the PDA. HELP!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    It also happens if you use ptunes to listen to shoutcast radio? or Though I am not sure b'coz I don't use it but how about enable network time in date & time preferences..
    You *closed* Chatter, or you "Exit and Disconnect"? Obviously something is connecting out. I suspect you have Chatter still running, or perhaps Versamail trying to sync occationally.

In short I highly doubt this is a 1.28 issue, but rather a software issue. You have some software that's connecting out, that simple.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    You *closed* Chatter, or you "Exit and Disconnect"? Obviously something is connecting out. I suspect you have Chatter still running, or perhaps Versamail trying to sync occationally.

In short I highly doubt this is a 1.28 issue, but rather a software issue. You have some software that's connecting out, that simple.
    I know if I have software connecting out or not, and I do know how to completely disconnect from Chatter.

Even IF it was Chatter or another program, that doesn't explain the persistent need for the Treo to connect, thus blocking me out completely from doing other things while it sits there. That didn't happen until 1.28, so if that isn't a connection, I don't know what is.