1.    #1  
    On my old treo 600 I used call filter to set the incomming caller ID as the ringtone. Does anyone know another app that will let the incomming caller ID be the ringtone. I looked at a couple such as Lightwav5, but i could not find such a setting

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue
    On my old treo 600 I used call filter to set the incomming caller ID as the ringtone. Does anyone know another app that will let the incomming caller ID be the ringtone. I looked at a couple such as Lightwav5, but i could not find such a setting

thanks
    in lightwav just tap on the New button and then add your mp3/wav/midi ringtone then enable it. it is simple.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  3.    #3  
    how does that play the in comming caller id as a ringtone?
    I don't think smiley understands your question.

Nor do I.

What excatly do you mean by "let the incoming caller id be the ringtone?"

What smiley is describing is assigning custom ringtones unique to each contact. You don't need Lightwav for this per se and the Treo 650 does this with midi and wav files by default for those assigned as favorites. Lightwav allows you to do more such as use Mp3 files, assign ringers to all your contacts and categories etc.

But your initial question is still unclear.
    He's asking about the announce number feature in callfilter, unfortunately, I do not know of any other programs that have this.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    He's asking about the announce number feature in callfilter, unfortunately, I do not know of any other programs that have this.

Exactly,
    nobody has any idea though? bummer.
    no chance of callfilter for 650 anytime soon?
    Saddly, not really, the developer of Callfilter is pretty much on extended hiatus for his family. I don't know the full extent of the situation, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I still support callfilter running on the 600 and surprisenly a lot of copies are still selling, but it'll be some time before there's much for the 650.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    doesnt' ringo have an 'announce caller' option...maybe that would be enough
    Sprint 700p
    Yes.....

I am using RINGO and it has an announce feature not which is sold seperately as EPSpeak, but it was the reason i went with Ringo.

It will say JOHN DOE IS CALLING right BEFORE the assigned or default ringer starts.

The bad thing is, it only says it once, and you can easily miss it. Also occasionally it will not say it, will chop it off, or will not ring afterwards... So it is still buggy.

Also when you do the assignments, and if you remove a riungtone assignm,ent it leaves it there... Plus the volumes magically change and the default tones on my treo preferences for ringer.

All that aside, when it works, its great and its about time!

Hopefully they will continue to improve it

MIKE