Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just bought this and should be getting it next week. I will post my result.

http://www.adata.com.tw/en/products-f-card-sd2.htm
    Nice. What did it cost you?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Nice. What did it cost you?
    $141 @ newegg.com
  4.    #4  
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I have that card which I got from ebay. Great speed. Initially, the Treo doesn't seem to be able to format it. I ended up formatting it in my laptop's built-in card reader (FAT not FAT 32). Then my treo was able to use it without any problems. I then copied contents from my 2 other 1GB cards to this, and now just put extra movies/music in my spare 1 GBs
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I wonder whether the Treo can take advantage of something this fast. But for 2GB it's a great price anyway even at the same speed.

Could someone with the card perhaps post the VFSMark results for this card on the Treo 650?
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    I have that card which I got from ebay. Great speed. Initially, the Treo doesn't seem to be able to format it. I ended up formatting it in my laptop's built-in card reader (FAT not FAT 32). Then my treo was able to use it without any problems. I then copied contents from my 2 other 1GB cards to this, and now just put extra movies/music in my spare 1 GBs
    COOL!! I was afraid it wasn't gonna work on my Treo since it's so fast. Thanks for the tip..ill def do that when I get it Tuesday. I was gonna get it through ebay as well but it always takes a while to ship. Newegg does 3 day delivery for $4.95.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Holy crap!
    We'll have to wait for him to get it and test it out.
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    bummer out of stock now ):
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    Could you be kind enough to post te eBay vendor you purchased it from. I did
    a search and cannot find one.

Thanks.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoDave
    Could you be kind enough to post te eBay vendor you purchased it from. I did
    a search and cannot find one.

Thanks.
    This was my other option for buying this card. He had some negative feedback plus ebay normally takes atleast a week for me to receive shipment from these power sellers not to mention it cost more. The best thing for you to do is go to newegg and have them alert you when the card is available. That's what I did cause they were originally out of stock. I was using Yahoo IM and it alerted me right away when I got the email from newegg. It only took a day for them to get them back in stock. But you have to act quickly cause they sell out fast.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...Name=WDVW&rd=1
    Last edited by aznmode; 07/17/2005 at 02:06 PM.
    Thanks. I will take your advice and wait for newegg to get them back in stock.

Dave
  14.    #14  
    Ok here's my result. 1st one is my original 1gb Trancend. 2nd is the Adata 150x 2gb. LOOK AT THE WRITE SPEED comparison.

VFSMark Results

File Create: 240%
    File Delete: 199%
    File Write: 55%
    File Read: 682%
    File Seek: 737%
    DB Export: 175%
    DB Import: 387%
    Record Access: 822%
    Resource Access: 752%

VFSMark: 449

--simple boundary

VFSMark Results

File Create: 372%
    File Delete: 819%
    File Write: 468%
    File Read: 662%
    File Seek: 842%
    DB Export: 731%
    DB Import: 397%
    Record Access: 754%
    Resource Access: 711%

VFSMark: 639
  15.    #15  
    Also wanted to note I did the test several times. I know sometimes when you first do a test on some cards it give you a way high result. All test came pretty close to each other so I just picked one to post. I also used DocGo's advice on formatting the card. Mine didn't work either initially.

The VSF test took about only 20 seconds.
    Last edited by aznmode; 07/18/2005 at 03:40 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Just a heads up, this item is now back in stock.
    I just got the Adata 2gb and it works on my Treo 650 but not on my Dell 700m. Anyone wanna trade their 2gb card, any brand, for this one?
  18.    #18  
    Card Speed test result

Wrt32bit 850 bytes /sec
    wrt8KB 936228 bytes / sec
    Read8KB 2184533 bytes / sec

Card speed is Excellent. Use any record setting.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison
    I just got the Adata 2gb and it works on my Treo 650 but not on my Dell 700m. Anyone wanna trade their 2gb card, any brand, for this one?
    Is it possibly a driver issue on your Dell? There's thread on here that mention the same issue your having with different types of PC.
    It might very well be but Dell sure isn't addressing it. I just downloaded the latest driver which was last updated May 2004. I tried a windows update driver too but it didn't help. Reader works fine with my PNY 1gb and the free 128mb cards np. I might try a third party reader as well.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast