Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    well, just ordered the 2gb adata card from Newegg. hopefully I don't have any problems getting it to work. I'll report back when I get it next week.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I just got my 2nd Adata card from Newegg today...worked fine right out of the box.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by qwalls
    I just got my 2nd Adata card from Newegg today...worked fine right out of the box.
    Did your Treo recognize it right away? Maybe I should NOT have tried formatting with the Treo and installed files on it right out of the box. Either case, mine is working flawlessly.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by soldier_bob
    anyone want to try this one??

I see there are two companies with this now, or is it just reselling from one source?

I have to copy 600+mb files regularly with my 1 gb SD card and have been looking for a better solution in speed (for movies/camera) and to be able to hold more then 1 600 mb file.

aznmode can you use this back and fourth countless times to tranfer large files from PC to PC ?

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch...=done&nextloc=

I appologize but my laptop only supports USB 1.1 and quite frankly it would be too time consuming trying to test this for you. Maybe someone else here would like to try this for you...any volunteers?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Did your Treo recognize it right away? Maybe I should NOT have tried formatting with the Treo and installed files on it right out of the box. Either case, mine is working flawlessly.
    Both worked fine right out of the box. I tried to format the first one on the treo and it failed, so I formatted it on my PC and it worked fine again. A format wasn't necessary though.
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    One issue I just noticed with the ADATA card is that my Treo camera barely works (has gotten very, very slow) if I make the card the default place to save my pictures immediately after they have been taken.

Anyone else having this issue? Will a reformat fix this? (because a reset didn't change anything)
    Just tried this but I don't get the same issue. Even tried Video and works fine without any abnormal delays. I even tried recording it to a subfolder within my DCIM folder and still works the same.
    Well I got my AData 2GB card today. Here's my report.

VFSMark Results (after putting all of my data on the card)

File Create: 382%
    File Delete: 871%
    File Write: 481%
    File Read: 814%
    File Seek: 907%
    DB Export: 731%
    DB Import: 470%
    Record Access: 952%
    Resource Access: 872%

VFSMark: 720

I had a little scare with the card. It seemed to be formatted out of the box, so I just loaded it up with a few things. But after a few times moving it between my Treo and the PC, it lost all of it's data and reverted to an unformatted state! I reformatted the card, and loaded everything again, and so far so good.

As long as that doesn't happen again, I'm happy with the card.
    Also, I've found that my write speed using a USB2 card reader is only about 6MB/s. I moved a 300MB video onto the card and it took about 50 seconds. It might just be my reader though. Has anyone that has this card gotten it to work at the full 15MB/s speed? If so, what card reader do you have?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    Also, I've found that my write speed using a USB2 card reader is only about 6MB/s. I moved a 300MB video onto the card and it took about 50 seconds. It might just be my reader though. Has anyone that has this card gotten it to work at the full 15MB/s speed? If so, what card reader do you have?
    hmm...this is from Adata's website. Is this considered false advertising since on the box it says 15mb/sec write speed?

http://www.adata.com.tw/en/download/...t%20Report.pdf
    man, that is bs.

I think I might return mine.
    I just got the card for about $145 from newegg.com. I get a VFSMark over 700.

On file transfers, it will be limited to the specs of your card reader. I only get 8MB/sec on my USB reader but get over 12MB/sec on my laptop PCMCIA card reader.

Either way, the Treo 650 can't go that fast. This appears to be the fastest card for Treo 650 to date.

Two thumbs up.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  12.    #52  
    Has anyone tried formatting this card with the Fat32 patch? Wonder if that makes a speed difference. I would try it on mine but having to recopy 1.6mb+ back to this card using usb 1.1 could take a while.
    Has anyone tried formatting this card with the Fat32 patch? Wonder if that makes a speed difference. I would try it on mine but having to recopy 1.6mb+ back to this card using usb 1.1 could take a while.
    I thought the Treo couldn't read FAT32.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I just got the card for about $145 from newegg.com. I get a VFSMark over 700.

On file transfers, it will be limited to the specs of your card reader. I only get 8MB/sec on my USB reader but get over 12MB/sec on my laptop PCMCIA card reader.

Either way, the Treo 650 can't go that fast. This appears to be the fastest card for Treo 650 to date.

Two thumbs up.
    Not that I'm doubting you, but you got 12MB/s? That's faster than the performance test that AData has posted on their website (see aznmode's last post). I'll be happy if I can find a card reader that can do that.

Personally I don't care too much how fast it runs on the 650. I want a speedy card so it doesn't take so long to load up my music and movies.

Thanks for the info xenophonite.
    FYI, I was digging for some card reader performance specs and found this review:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0503/05...carbustest.asp

Thought it was interesting. Looks like PCMCIA is the way to go for better performance.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I thought the Treo couldn't read FAT32.
    It can't, but the FAT32 hack I believe allows you to. It was taken from the Lifedrive which 4gb hard drive is FAT32.

Read post #5 on the thread below.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86817
    I looked a bit into that Fat32 patch, and at the time, there were people that had gotten it to work on other devices, but NOT on the 650. Supposedly it installed ok for people, but they couldn't use Fat32 cards. I did read that the patch does have performance gains when using Fat16. I haven't tried it myself though.
    It can't, but the FAT32 hack I believe allows you to. It was taken from the Lifedrive which 4gb hard drive is FAT32.

Read post #5 on the thread below.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=86817
    I see. Too bad it doesn't seem to work on the 650. If it did, we'd be able to use the new 4GB cards when they come out.
    I have searched far and wide for the answer to this but cannot find it anywhere:

I bought a 2GB Sandisk SD card. I tried putting it into my Treo 650, and if in the "Card Info" application, it identifies the card. If I am not in that application, and I put in the card and then go into the "Card Info" application, it says, "No Card Inserted." I have tried taking the card out and putting it back in while in that application and it is recognized, but exiting from that application and going back in results in "No Card Inserted." If I try to format the card, it says, "Format Failed," and it automatically says, "No Card Inserted" again. This card works fine on my PC, but for some reason it behaves very strangely on my Treo. I have tried both soft and hard resets, and I still have the same issue. I have read on other sites about people having similar (but not the same) issues, but it eventually is fixed by doing one of the above things I mentioned, so I have a feeling it is the software or the phone, not the SD card. On top of that, it only says that I have 970MB on the card (even says the same on my computer, although when I first tried the card, it said 1.8 GB). Does anyone know how to remedy this issue?
    1. Copy the files from card to PC
    2. Format the card in your PC 's card reader as FAT16.
    3. Copy files back.

Of course if you pursuing shadow's FAT32 ROM upgrade then adjust accordingly.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast