Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I'm trying to use the excel part of Docs to Go but having a little difficulty with it. Tough to see, navigate, make changes... etc. Most likely, it's probably my fault for not reading the manual (i assume there is one though i don't know where) and for not upgrading it, despite Data viz's persistence that i do.

Is this simply a matter of upgrading and reading the manual or are there better options out there?
    better is subjective....there is an alternative called quickoffice
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    better is subjective....there is an alternative called quickoffice
    I use quick office and have no resets. Docs to GO was a nightmare with resets.
    Pilottreo1
    Quickoffice is cheaper...you pay more for the DTG resets!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    Most likely, it's probably my fault for not reading the manual (i assume there is one though i don't know where) ...
    Right on their Web site:

http://support.dataviz.com/resources.html
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree

Is this simply a matter of upgrading and reading the manual or are there better options out there?

Mobisysystem Office looks really nice IMO has much better image/graphics support that DTG:

http://www.mobi-systems.com/product-...679dc0eac7d16f

Quickoffice Premier is a solid alternative as well:

http://www.quickoffice.com/

And finally there is Wordsmith which has always been a fine choice:

http://www.bluenomad.com/ws/prod_wordsmith_details.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have used QuickOffice since I had a Palm 515 I only switched to Documents to Go because it came free with my softare. But these are guys are right! DtoG has tons of resets!

I haven't had a problem since I downloaded the DataViz Tech Tool, Moving the prc's around caused it to crash, since I used the tool I haven't had a problem.

Check it out! Quickoffice is rock solid!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I also used QuickOffice for a couple of years before I got Docs2Go included with my 650. When I choose to pay for an upgrade I will decide which I will stick with.

I have also had no resets with Docs2Go since I used their Tech Tool. However, I'm not a big fan of having to put all of my files in a single directory on my PC for Docs2Go syncing. If I recall correctly, QuickOffice synced from the native directory of each file so they stayed organized on my PC and did not have to worry about duplicates... if I recall correctly...
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Not sure what version of DTG you are using, but mine let's me sync files from my PC no matter where they are located. On the Treo they do get stored in one folder, which is fine by me.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobidutch
    Not sure what version of DTG you are using, but mine let's me sync files from my PC no matter where they are located. On the Treo they do get stored in one folder, which is fine by me.
    I'm using 7.006 which I believe is quite recent. Therefore, I must be mistaken and simply haven't spent enough time investigating this program. Will investigate later... thanks for the info