1.    #1  
    I guess this is a Goodlink question since that is the email app we use on our devices but maybe some of you know the answer to these or at least alternative ways to get this to work. A user asked me if he can have these functionalities on his Treo similar to how Outlook works.

(1) view my Outlook Today on the Treo.
    (2) see all my deleted and sent items, whether or not they were sent from the Treo device.
    (3) move emails into my calendar or tasks like in Outlook.
    (4) view pdf's embedded in emails.

If some of these are not possible, are there tricks or other ways he might get something close?

Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jogerson
    I guess this is a Goodlink question since that is the email app we use on our devices but maybe some of you know the answer to these or at least alternative ways to get this to work. A user asked me if he can have these functionalities on his Treo similar to how Outlook works.

(2) see all my deleted and sent items, whether or not they were sent from the Treo device.

If some of these are not possible, are there tricks or other ways he might get something close?

Thanks!!
    1) You get good's Today screen. Doesn't show the tasks like Outlooks does. I'm not there are many workarounds because Good doesn't use the built in Palm DBs, so you can't use add on products to enhance it's capabilities.

2) that you should be able to do. The only thin is that sent and deleted aren't replicated when you do the install. But after the install any sent or deleted should show whether it was done on the PC or the Treo.

3) don't have a clue

4) I'm assuming yes if you have a pdf viewer but I've never tried
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  3.    #3  
    Cool, thank you! I will let him know about this. I have installed the Adobe Reader for PalmOS but I am not sure if it reads PDF's within an email as opposed to an attachment.

The GoodLink home screen shows upcoming appointments, but not tasks.
    All folders, including sent and deleted, are sync'd two way.
    Can't be done with GoodLink
    This is an issue with the PalmOS as there is not a native PDF viewer available.
    Correct me if I am wrong, the "Drafts" folder does not sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdown
    Correct me if I am wrong, the "Drafts" folder does not sync.
    Correct
    My Sent mail doesn't appear to sync. It only shows mail sent from the Treo. Is there a way to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGee
    My Sent mail doesn't appear to sync. It only shows mail sent from the Treo. Is there a way to fix this?
    You need to get with your GL admin and have him enable sent sync on the GL Mgmt Console.

Good Guy -- will GL ever allow this function raised in Jogerson's post. Also, will GL ever allow Tasks to be assigned to other people (as in outlook)?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsamini
    Good Guy -- will GL ever allow this function raised in Jogerson's post. Also, will GL ever allow Tasks to be assigned to other people (as in outlook)?

Thanks.
    Have not heard.
    Thank you.

Is there anyway to repopulate old sent e-mail once it's done?
    try the fetch command found here, http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...tch#post860176. Not sure if it does sent items as well, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    try the fetch command found here, http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...tch#post860176. Not sure if it does sent items as well, though.
    Unfortunately it doesn't work.
    Didn't think it would. I don't think there is a way to sync over previously sent messsages, but let me check.
    MY company just provided me with Goodlink, but the only installation directions I got are for OTA and I don't have 14+Meg room on my Treo.

Is there a place on the goodlink website where I can just download the installers directly and just plug in the password/registration provided me? If so, I can't find it.

Thanks for tolerating my ignorance and impatience.

Greg

unlocked/unbranded GSM / T-Mobile
    You can download the desktop installer at http://www.good.com/download/
    Thanks, so now I have all the various prc's in the Treo650 folder, but I'm now sure which ones to hotsync over to my Treo. Also, the Goodlink desktop crashes out after looking for Outlook, which I am not using on my computer (using Netscape).

So...

1) how and what the heck can I load Goodlink without having enough memory (I have 3+Megs available and would prefer to NOT have to do a hard reset and start all over)
    2) What files do I need to UNINSTALL off my Treo (after unsuccessfully installed it before because Goodlink STARTED to install, but stopped when it hit the memory wall).

I need to start over because now it's all botched and my company invested in this app. for doin' bidness!

Also, does the GoodCalendar conflict with Palm's 'default' calendar, or is just the Outlook calendar link? I presume it is, and that it doesn't conflict with Calendar.

Gees, what a mess. I guess I'll have to start all over just to get this app. on my Treo.

Greg