1.    #1  
    Hi All - New to the Treo world and I have my shiney new Treo 650. I just checked the Palm OS and it's running 5.2 and when I went to check for software updates on SprintPCS's website it looks like that's the OS for the Treo 600.

Am I misunderstanding something? Should I download the Palm 5.4 OS for my Treo 650 or will I get myself into a world of pain?

Jeanie
    hi...The correct place tocheck for the info is...

applications/menu/info/version

check there and you'll see that you aren't running 5.2
  3.    #3  
    Thank you so much! You're right I'd gone to Applications/Menu/Options/About Applications which is where I mislead myself into believing I was running v5.2H.

But I'm not - I'm running Garnet v. 5.4.7

I don't suppose you have SprintPCS and know how to trick that stupid autocall thing into giving me a Preffered Roaming List update - customer service said to tell it/her that I want a PRL updated and she just doesn't understand - very frustrating!
    Be nice to Claire!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie.Smith
    Thank you so much! You're right I'd gone to Applications/Menu/Options/About Applications which is where I mislead myself into believing I was running v5.2H.

But I'm not - I'm running Garnet v. 5.4.7

I don't suppose you have SprintPCS and know how to trick that stupid autocall thing into giving me a Preffered Roaming List update - customer service said to tell it/her that I want a PRL updated and she just doesn't understand - very frustrating!

Easy...the latest version is garnet 5.4.8

the update is part of this...

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html

read about it here...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...date+evilghost

this update among many other things will update your PRL to 10028 which I believe is the latest.