1.    #1  
    How do I get the voicemail back to automatically going straight to the messages when I call voicemail. Entering the password each time is a pain!

TIA
    i think it is called advanced options, when you are in you vm menu.
    listen to that section and you should hear it.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by treorunner
    How do I get the voicemail back to automatically going straight to the messages when I call voicemail. Entering the password each time is a pain!

TIA
    I don't know what carrier you're with, but with Cingular, you're unable to alter VM options (like the actual number) on the Treo. It's part of the SIM programming, from what I understand. I called Cingular, and they informed me that it's a problem (no kidding!) in my area, and that they're "working on it."

In my case, my VM favorites tab (again, that came programmed on my phone) tries to dial the VM directory number AND my 4-digit passcode as ONE NUMBER, and the call "cannot be completed as dialed." So, I had to come up with a work-around.

What I did was assign a new favorites tab the VM directory number (just the 10-digit number, WITHOUT my passcode) after setting the number up in Contacts. In contacts, you can then "add numbers" to the main number -- and I added my passcode there. Now, when I dial my VM as the favorite/contact I created, the number is dialed, and then as the voice menu prompts me to enter my passcode, the four digits are automatically dialed (since I set them up under the "add numbers" menu).

It works perfectly now.

The only problem for me is that when I do miss a call, and I get the alert prompting me to hit "ok" or "listen to VM," I can't hit the latter 'cause it goes directly to the pre-programmed cannot-connect number. I have to hit "ok," and then speeddial my own VM number that I created.

Hope this helps a little.

-Kirk
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I have verizon and I simply edited the Voicemail favorite. click the more button and add three commas then # then your passcode. then click dial automatically. Each comma waits a total of two seconds. You may need less or more depending on your service. Works just like an old pc modem!