1.    #1  
    I have never seen a process for taking the tunes on my 650 and transferring them to my PC. I have changed PCs since I loaded the tunes on my 650. Now I would like to copy those to my PC. Any suggestions. The tunes are on a SD card but I do not have a card reader.

Thanks,
    Roger
    Quote Originally Posted by rharper
    Now I would like to copy those to my PC. Any suggestions. The tunes are on a SD card but I do not have a card reader.

Thanks,
    Roger
    I believe you will need a card reader to transfer them. If you have a USB port on your PC, there is a simple solution. You can get a small device at CompUSA and probably other places that will enable you to insert your SD card into it and then plug it into the USB port on your PC and it will operate as a removable device allowing both read and write capability.

The one I use is made by MediaWorks. I paid $10 for it at CompUSA. I've seen it at some online stores as well. You can try Buy.com or NewEggcom if I remember correctly. There are more expensive ones, but I like the MediaWorks one because it is small, (about the size of a mini flash card).
    Alternatively, you could download and use palm file browser. It has a desktop application that you run and then hit the PFB button on your treo. You will see two directory trees and you can transfer files beteen them.
    Quote Originally Posted by eedwards
    Alternatively, you could download and use palm file browser. It has a desktop application that you run and then hit the PFB button on your treo. You will see two directory trees and you can transfer files beteen them.
    Kinda off topic, but I guess not. I can't get PFB to work!!! I use the USB profile and open up the palm app before the pc app....still no worky!! Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong. CardExport worked for me, but it costs da moneyz, I like it for da freez!
  5.    #5  
    Where might I find PFB?

Thanks,
    Roger
    Try Google .
    use Real player running on both the PC and Treo, get a card reader (USB), or do it like I do sometimes by putting the SD card in may camera and transferring via USB that way.

Greg
    Go to softic.com and D/L card export. Allows you to use your Treo as a card reader. Trial version is good for 30 days, so if you don't need it frequently. I couldn't make PFB work for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    The one I use is made by MediaWorks. I paid $10 for it at CompUSA. I've seen it at some online stores as well. You can try Buy.com or NewEggcom if I remember correctly. There are more expensive ones, but I like the MediaWorks one because it is small, (about the size of a mini flash card).
    I have the same reader.... nice and compact, & portable
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah
    I have the same reader.... nice and compact, & portable
    You can't get much more compact & portable that sticking it INSIDE your laptop. A PCMCIA card reader won't even be seen protruding from your laptop, but a USB card reader will!!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    You can't get much more compact & portable that sticking it INSIDE your laptop. A PCMCIA card reader won't even be seen protruding from your laptop, but a USB card reader will!!
    the usb reader works better for me, because I use it with my laptop, and various desktops

but I do have the protuding problem with my bluetooth adapter, its kinda annoying