Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Want to have your cellular service feed a home phone system (wire or wireless) ?. This company just released its product for the 650.

http://www.phonelabs.com/

With a Vonage system plus this solution, there is really no need to have traditional copper coming into the house.
    For everyone's information before you look, their website says it's for the Sprint 650 only.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Actually, there's no need for vonage either, especially if you live alone. You come home, drop your cell in the dock-n-talk, and use your home phone wiring. When you leave, pull the phone out, and off you go. Its really a good idea for those who have limited signal in the house. Put the device in the one spot with lots of bars and everything is fine.

Dana
    I assume you are using your minutes while you are on your house phone...
    Treoing & Loving it
    &&%$$# where is the Treo 600 support? How about some support document detailing how the 650 is supported? I assume Bluetooth only...

These guys are squandering their first mover status. Probably a good product, but they are clueless on how to support or promote. End Rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I assume you are using your minutes while you are on your house phone...
    Hmm...well, if you're away from the house during the day, and you have nights and weekends that start at 7pm...you probably wouldn't use that many more daytime minutes. And consider that extra 200 daytime minutes that equates to $10 with Sprint....is a lot better than paying $50+ for landline service.

Very good idea. They just don't stop comin'.
    what do you mean "is a lot better than paying $50+ for landline service.", you still have to have a landline won't you, what if you want to call you significant other from your cell phone and they are at home...
    Treoing & Loving it
    I use to believe that I'd want this type of solution but I have second thoughts now. I like the "presence" idea of it doing this for me while I'm in the area but I'm afraid bluetooth is too limited for me. If bluetooth could cover my whole house it would be perfect but due to it's limitations I think the CallFoward apps are just as good.

Too bad PalmOne, I'm sorry it's Palm again, didn't include 802.11b because this would change my view....
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Just spoke with Jordan at PhoneLabs. He stated only works with Sprint because of firmware issues with Palm, not with the Dock-N-Talk. He stated that the firmware upgrades in late August or September for Cingular and Verizon would solve the issue. I hope this helps clarify some questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    what do you mean "is a lot better than paying $50+ for landline service.", you still have to have a landline won't you, what if you want to call you significant other from your cell phone and they are at home...
    Well, considering I don't live with anybody who doesn't have a cell phone...it'd be a good solution for me, and the majority of Americans. Why not buy your significant other a $10 cell phone so that you guys can share minutes??? She docks it when you're not there...or has her own dock. I dunno, but it's definitely better than a landline, IMO. I simply can't afford landline prices when I'm already paying for a cell phone, and everybody else in my family pays on average around $25 each (combined $125) for one family plan. I'd enjoy using a "regular" phone as the Treo (and all cell phones in general) gets hot when you talk for long conversations at night or on the weekends. Also, as a previous poster said...if you get bad reception at your house, you can put it in a corner that gets a solid one or two bars and then walk anywhere with a cordless phone. It's better than paying $50+ to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublekk
    Just spoke with Jordan at PhoneLabs. He stated only works with Sprint because of firmware issues with Palm, not with the Dock-N-Talk. He stated that the firmware upgrades in late August or September for Cingular and Verizon would solve the issue. I hope this helps clarify some questions.
    Any mention of unlocked GSM 650s? I bet whatever change that was made in the Sprint firmware was also made in the recent unlocked GSM firmware update..

(I'd test, as I do have a Dock-N-Talk, but I don't have the BT add-on, just cables for my previous phones. )

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Has anybody tried this yet?? Prolly one of the last things I'd like to get if it's worth it.
    when utilizing this system, are the calls logged in the treo?
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    This sounds really slick, if it works. If anyone tries this, please report back. I'd love port my home number to another cell line andtell Verizon to go screw themselves.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    This sounds really slick, if it works. If anyone tries this, please report back. I'd love port my home number to another cell line andtell Verizon to go screw themselves.
    DANG....that's the solution!!!! Add another phone onto your family plan for $10 and use THAT cell line as your home phone!!! WHAT!?!?!?!?? THIS IS FRIGGIN' BETTER THAN VOIP...at least for the next coupla years.

Dang meyerweb, that makes me wanna buy this thing without even hearing any reviews/feedback yet.

Have I told you guys...I LOVE THIS PLACE?!??!?
    Quote Originally Posted by iBug
    when utilizing this system, are the calls logged in the treo?
    Very good question....so little answers.
    Let me pose this idea. If I am traveling on business and use this, unplug the hotel phone and plug it into this, slip the Treo 650 in the dock (or bluetooth it) and make and recieve calls via the hotel phone (assuming it is not a PBX/digital system?
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Let me pose this idea. If I am traveling on business and use this, unplug the hotel phone and plug it into this, slip the Treo 650 in the dock (or bluetooth it) and make and recieve calls via the hotel phone (assuming it is not a PBX/digital system?

You'd go through all that while you're away on business? Extra weights with packing? Your hotel room's not the size of the Texas, right? How about just make calls using your Treo? Sheesh...
    Treo Moblog: http://nudle.textamerica.com
    Almost all hotel phones are PBX phones, so this isn't likely to work. But what would the advantage be compared to just using your cell phone? You're still burning cellular minutes, and you'll still be roaming if you're not in range of your service provider.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.

yuck. you touch hotel phones?
    hope you use lysol.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast