Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anybody has to stand the ad of JETBLUE arline after a reset of the treo 650, as well as the farewell ad when turning it off?

How do I get rid of it?
    You must have put on a screen overlay or purchased the phone used. Download a program called Filez and delete the file named PhoneApp_SPCS_jetblue.prc and the original startup screen should be available.
  3.    #3  
    Yes , it is a refurbished replacement phone.
    Albertb. The program FileZ, which I have, does not show a file " PhoneApp_SPCS_jetblue.prc".
    Wonder if it is under a different nameor other location?

Thanks for the help
    I have the same thing which I put on my phone for southwest airlines. It doesn't bother me. In fact it convinced one of those flight nazi's that the phone was "southwest flight certified" even theough the screen is complete bs. In filez I have an app that says phone_SPCS. Afraid to delete it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    Yes , it is a refurbished replacement phone.
    Albertb. The program FileZ, which I have, does not show a file " PhoneApp_SPCS_jetblue.prc".
    Wonder if it is under a different nameor other location?

Thanks for the help
    hold a second. Did the phone come with that already on the start-up shutdown screen. I'm going to take a stab out of the blue here but I'm assuming even though JetBlue is an airline, it doesnt do mobile phones right.

Well in anycase, call palmone and tell them "hey you sent me a customized unit" (and tell them by customized, you mean modded to change the startup shutdown screen of a non-existant carrier)
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    hold a second. Did the phone come with that already on the start-up shutdown screen. I'm going to take a stab out of the blue here but I'm assuming even though JetBlue is an airline, it doesnt do mobile phones right.

Well in anycase, call palmone and tell them "hey you sent me a customized unit" (and tell them by customized, you mean modded to change the startup shutdown screen of a non-existant carrier)

Good point. If you got it from the carrier like that, its their problem. I assumed you bought it used from somebody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    Good point. If you got it from the carrier like that, its their problem. I assumed you bought it used from somebody else.
    he said "Yes , it is a refurbished replacement phone." So I assumed it was sent by p1 or the wireless carrier
    Can't believe that would make it out of quality control.
    someone was smoking the wacky tabacky
    I stand corrected. Good point again.
    I stand corrected. Good point again.
    Hey Raj! Try some of this chronic, I swear ganeshia over there is trying to beat a mouse with his trunk. And for some reason that cow down the road looks hot, I'm going to punjab her tonite down by the ganges
    Using Filez go in to "internal" and make sure you check the ROM box on the top left corner. Then look for Phone_SPCS. There should be 2. Delete the one that's not in ROM. Or if you want to be safe move it to the SDcard and just copy it over later if it causes any problem.
    Last edited by aznmode; 07/14/2005 at 02:48 PM.
    Was it even sent to QC?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Just do a hard-reset....
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Was it even sent to QC?
    Cut me a break. I am not thinking straight today. The only thing that has gone right is that I am being paid to be on TREO Central.
    I made a correction on my first post. I had RAM instead of "internal".

Another thing I wanted to add is when you are in the "internal" in Filez, if there is only one Phone_SPCS and it's in ROM then the previous owner most likely used custom ROM to change the original Phone_SPCS to the Jetblue one. In this case you will need to return it to Sprint to get a new one or run the Sprint updater on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I made a correction on my first post. I had RAM instead of "internal".

Another thing I wanted to add is when you are in the "internal" in Filez, if there is only one Phone_SPCS and it's in ROM then the previous owner most likely used custom ROM to change the original Phone_SPCS to the Jetblue one. In this case you will need to return it to Sprint to get a new one or run the Sprint updater on it.

Interesting thing to note is that I put my "southwest" splash screen on before the updater and I never saw it. Thought I had deleted it and it appeared after I ran the latest updater. When I was on 1.08, I never saw it.
  18.    #18  
    Bluejet welcome screen is annoying.
    I checked on the FileZ program, and I check ROM, I see under phone_spcs 3 files:
    1. phone_spcs which shows like a blzck card and is 160k
    2. phone_spcs which shows a doc and is 160k
    3.phone_spcs_enUS shows a blck card and is 7.5k.

When I uncheck the ROM , only the second one remains, and this is the only one I am unable to delete. The other 2, It does not allow me to do it.

Any ideas besides doing a hard reset that I dont want to do?
    Where did you get the Southwest Splash, I fly 2-3 times a week, it would be awesome to finally watch movies on my 650 without being hassled, or having to hide it everytime they come up the isle.
    It was on one of these threads about "airline attendents". Tried to find it again and couldn't. Some of the threads have gotten long. It was a couple of attached files to one of the posts. Looks perfect with company logo etc. I'll see if I can find it again tonight and I'll direct you if I find it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast