1.    #1  
    Are there any utilities out there that would the Black and White icons on a Prism to color?
    And any color icons for datebk 4?
    Originally posted by yardie
    Are there any utilities out there that would the Black and White icons on a Prism to color?
    RsrsEdit can be used to manually colorize icons
    http://www.individeo.net/RsrcEdit.html
    <pre> ^<br> /_\ WINCHELL CHUNG Nyrath the nearly wise at the Praeternatural Tower<br> <(*)> nyrath@ProjectRho.com http://www.ProjectRho.com/home.html<br>/_/|\_\ ABSIT INVIDIA VERBO IDEM SONANS<br> //|\\ -------------------------------------------------------------------<br>SURREAL SAGE SEZ: I'm nobody. Nobody at all. But the secrets of the<br>universe don't mind. They reveal themselves to nobodies who care.<br></pre>
  4. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Winchell
    Originally posted by yardie
    RsrsEdit can be used to manually colorize icons
    http://www.individeo.net/RsrcEdit.html
    Winchell,

Have you actually gotten this to work? I can edit the 8-bit color icons, but when I click on 'OK', it doesn't seem to save them.
  5.    #5  
    Haven't been able to get this program to work either.
    Originally posted by Rob
    Have you actually gotten this to work? I can edit the 8-bit color icons, but when I click on 'OK', it doesn't seem to save them.
    Well, it works for me. Are you sure the application you are trying to colorize is not in the flashram?

I opened up RsrcEdit, selected an application (the Compass program), selected the icon (tAIB 1000), then hit the Open button.

I did Menu|Edit|Copy. I did Menu|Choose|8 bit.
    It said there wasn't one, would I like it to create one? I hit "Yes". I did Menu|Edit|Paste.

I then colorized it using the tools. Be careful, there is not an "undo".

I then hit OK. I then hit DONE. I then exited RsrcEdit.
    The icon was in color.

<pre> ^<br> /_\ WINCHELL CHUNG Nyrath the nearly wise at the Praeternatural Tower<br> <(*)> nyrath@ProjectRho.com http://www.ProjectRho.com/home.html<br>/_/|\_\ ABSIT INVIDIA VERBO IDEM SONANS<br> //|\\ -------------------------------------------------------------------<br>SURREAL SAGE SEZ: I'm nobody. Nobody at all. But the secrets of the<br>universe don't mind. They reveal themselves to nobodies who care.<br></pre>
  7. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Ok, I got it to work. The problem seems to be with any app that has a 2-bit icon. You have to delete the 2-bit icon before you can create an 8-bit icon.

BTW, do the left/right arrows work for you in the icon editor? I was copying/pasting color icons but they sometimes end up shifted to the left side. The arrows don't seem to move the icon, though.
    Originally posted by reconnect
    There is a wonderful program for about $5 called 222 icons & 10 themes for Datebk3/4 1.5 ... I don't remember seeing any icon programs with color, but I do think this one has some great icons regardless. Maybe some are in color and I don't even know it (I have IIIxe). Sorry couldn't help more.
  9. Rob
    Global Posts
    533 Global Posts
    Datebk4 doesn't support color icons. The icon will be the same color as the text (you can set different colors for different categories), but it will be all one color.

ActionNames supports color icons, but it doesn't have as much functionality as Datebk4 (like event categories, timezones, linking, etc.) and there are some things about the interface I don't like (always having to go to the edit dialog box to edit text instead of being able to edit text directly from the calendar view for example).
    Originally posted by Rob
    Datebk4 doesn't support color icons. The icon will be the same color as the text (you can set different colors for different categories), but it will be all one color.

ActionNames supports color icons, but it doesn't have as much functionality as Datebk4 (like event categories, timezones, linking, etc.) and there are some things about the interface I don't like (always having to go to the edit dialog box to edit text instead of being able to edit text directly from the calendar view for example).
    Thanks profiler and Rob for the feedback. Hopefully the next update for datebk will support color icons!
  11. ike
    Originally posted by profiler
    There is a wonderful program for about $5 called 222 icons & 10 themes for Datebk3/4 1.5 ... I don't remember seeing any icon programs with color, but I do think this one has some great icons regardless. Maybe some are in color and I don't even know it (I have IIIxe). Sorry couldn't help more.
    I use it too and it's really helpful in organising my stuff. You can download a demo at http://www.twokidsinagarage.com
    Or buy the whole set at http://www.Handango.com (www.Palmgear.com must have a set too, I guess)
    The whole set contains over 400 icons, so the name is quite misleading.
    They've got an Actionnames set too
    Only B&W, no color
    Interesting fact:

Silverscreen's main popularity is because it offered 16 greyscale to make icons look better. If you beam an app from, lets say a deluxe, to a Prism and its had its icon changed to greyscale it will show up greyscale on the Prism in the normal launcher.

I thought it was neat.
    Matt Nichols
    VigoSpraxPalm@Yahoo.com
    Thanks profiler and Rob for the feedback. Hopefully the next update for datebk will support color icons!
    Just to update this thread, Datebk 4 (Version 4.1p6 beta) now supports color icons that are different than the color of the appointment.
    Further, it is packaged with a Icon Editor that enables you to import your datebk3 memo icons and colorize them.
    Also, I think you can have something like 260 icons now, instead of the old limit of however many (104?).

Probably old news to many, but may be of interest to others.
    Winchell - thanks for the program suggestion. I spent the weekend colorizing many icons. Admittedly it isn't entirely original work. Please share what you guys have done.

I also fiddled with colorizing a few programs too. Fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images