Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone tried the updated Verichat Beta version? Any feedback on if it fixes the reset issue?
    i didnt have a reset prob. i dont see any changes major
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=90257
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I'd be interested to hear if anyone's noticed any improvement in battery usage... There were real problems with earlier versions killing battery.
    I use always on sms and I'm also running chatter I really don't see a diffrence with the battery ...
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    I use always on sms and I'm also running chatter I really don't see a diffrence with the battery ...
    So, I take it the old problems with SMS and crashing have been cured?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I'm seeing a difference in the battery drain. Also the main window is wider. That's all the difference I see. Never had a reset on the previous version and neither does this one.
    ok I found a bug. On my phone anyways. It won't log me off. I keep getting SMS.
    OK finally it did. As long as i dont get any msg within 10 secs. Even if I disconnect I get the msg. I have it set for SMS.
    insertion I never had a problem with crashes and sms.. I actually have it sending me an email that I get thru chatter so I never actually use sms.. I'm only working with the 100 they give me so I use those for the knuckle heads that send me text...
    Man, you guys are lucky. My Treo would puke using the SMS set up. Verichat still causes it to puke at least once a day though, even with data. I'll try the beta out. Thanx.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Did all you guys get an alert for the new beta? I have the new beta alert activated, but it didn't show me that any new updates were available?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Did all you guys get an alert for the new beta? I have the new beta alert activated, but it didn't show me that any new updates were available?
    Yes, mine downloaded via the alert
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    yea I got the alert also gfunk...
    Same here, via alert. No bugs yet.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    I installed the newest Verichat version a couple days ago, and I've had nothing but lockups and resets since then. I use it with Always On SMS, and my phone will actually lock up with the screen off! The only thing that has fixed it is disabling Always On mode with Verichat and NOT logging in or using the app at all.

Has anyone else experienced any issues with the newest version?
    I have a cdma sprint Treo650, and from what I can tell (2.86 beta) there are still problems when I use verichat with the always on sms mode. I seem to get resets and odd behavior. When I use verichat with the always on data mode, things seem much more stable although there still seem minor issues with it. I'll have to give it another day or 2 to really tell how stable it is. I can definitely say one thing, the data mode is way more stable for me than it used to be with the previous version of verichat. That previous version would cause random resets even if I just left the phone alone (with verichat on in the background).
  17.    #17  
    Gfunk - i got the update via alert.

Everyone else - I have the CDMA Sprint version. I'm still getting crashes on the SMS mode Always-On. I love the program, but hate the bugs. I seriously thinking about testing Causerie out.

We'll see how this goes.
    asnmode - i've had the "it logs you off but only if you don't get a message for 10 seconds" issue with multiple versions of verichat - not sure it's limited to this latest version.

i got a notification yesterday morning to do the OTA upgrade, and did it, and then Verichat wouldn't launch (got a missing library error). So I pulled the old version off a backupman backup and that didn't fix it. Ended up hard resetting and going to last night's backupman backup. First time i've had a problem with an OTA upgrade. So I'll skip this beta and wait for the next one...
    For those of you that are getting resets you need to contact pdaapps.com and submit your issues. I installed the lates beta on my Sprint Treo 650 and now I'm getting random resets for no reason while using Verichat. The previous beta was rock solid, I don't know what they did, but it is not looking good. I've emailed them today regarding my issues and if more people report issues they might actually do something about it.

Al
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    For those of you that are getting resets you need to contact pdaapps.com and submit your issues. I installed the lates beta on my Sprint Treo 650 and now I'm getting random resets for no reason while using Verichat. The previous beta was rock solid, I don't know what they did, but it is not looking good. I've emailed them today regarding my issues and if more people report issues they might actually do something about it.

Al
    I tried that with the last beta. I was asked to try using the Data Mode. It works better, but I want to use the Always on SMS for several reasons.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast