Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    Well, they do more or less the same things. igor's hack doesn't support short intervals; keycaps doesn't support the navigation functions. Both are much faster than the original keycaps; the hack may be slightly faster but I haven't tested igor's fixed version.

All things being equal, I'd rather stick with documented interfaces myself.
    Igor's latest does have shorter intervals. And it gives you a nice option to scroll using the volume keys (better scroll than Butler which just duplicates the 5-way navigator up/down functions - TreoKeyHack tries to move by full pages when it can). It also gives you a "shift+arrows to select" function.

So you get the function of 3 apps in one with TreoKeyHack.
    Because of this thread, several apps such as 2day, Outcall (part of Takephone), Treokeys and keycaps have been optimized to use resources. Palminternals have been a big help even to just the end user. It took out most of the guesswork with having a stable set up for Palm.

I hope developers will become aware of the software improvements that is happening here and apply the same to their own applications. There is always room for improvement.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WPWoodJr
    Sure it does - its the "number of repeats before launch" option.
    I'm sorry but I'm using Butler 3.15 and I don't see that option anywhere. However, the option you're talking about is in the help file. WTH? Does it only appear with KeyCaps installed and not TreoKeyHack?
    Last edited by aldamon; 07/21/2005 at 08:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    I'm sorry but I'm using Butler 3.15 and I don't see that option anywhere. However, the option you're talking about is in the help file. WTH? Does it only appear with KeyCaps installed and not TreoKeyHack?
    That's weird. It's the bottom half of the "K Launch" screen in 3.13.
    That option only appears with keycaps installed. The old Butler (2.87) still has this though. You may want to use that as a combo for treokey hack instead. You can also try requesting the hobbyistsoftware developer to include detection to Igor's software.
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_n
    Quick solution" turn on YAHM option "Disable on hotsync". Please list versions of used programs: YAHM, D2G.
    Actually the fault appears to have been cleared.

Before your response I downloaded the latest YAHM and KeyCapsHack.

My D2G is the latest version.

SO I guess all's well that ends well.

I simply love this hack.

I'll keep in mind the "Disable on hotsync" option.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Try putting KeyCaps on your Treo but don't enable it.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Igor, I noticed on the MTDN page for TreoKeyHack that Shift+Select is supposed to bring up a menu - however I couldn't get Shift+Select to bring up the menu on my Treo 650. Is the Select key the 5-way center key?
    I have here a patched version of FieldPlus that uses the fast methods to hook the event queue. It is entirely experimental and somewhat of a 'dirty hack,' but it seems to work for me.

Be sure to install both PRCs.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WPWoodJr
    Try putting KeyCaps on your Treo but don't enable it.
    Hehe. That did it! Setting Ignore to 1 works great. Thanks.
    Hehe. That did it! Setting Ignore to 1 works great. Thanks.
    What is this about now?
    By the way, it seems that using TreoKeyHack instead of KeyCaps (revised version) is about a second slower on the system. With KeyCaps I was down to 3 (or 4) secs, and with TreoKeyHack instead I am at 4 (or 5) secs.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I downloaded the file OTA to SD card and Handzipperlite unzipped it but there was only 1 prc. ????

Attached Files

FieldPlus-patched.zip (21.5 KB, 5 views)
    By: aldamon at Today 12:16
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    What is this about now?
    See posts #136, #143-#145, #147.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    By the way, it seems that using TreoKeyHack instead of KeyCaps (revised version) is about a second slower on the system. With KeyCaps I was down to 3 (or 4) secs, and with TreoKeyHack instead I am at 4 (or 5) secs.
    Yeah, but TreoKeyHack does a lot more than KeyCaps. What produces a larger hit, TreoKeyHack by itself or Modded KeyCaps + Modded FieldPlus + SupressKeyClick Sound + Some kind of Volume Scroller all enabled? It's worth the 1-second hit IMO now that I have my K Launch functionality back.
    Last edited by aldamon; 07/22/2005 at 01:39 PM.
    I've got TreoKeyHack.prc on my 650. How do I enable it? Do I need YAHM or something like it?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I've got TreoKeyHack.prc on my 650. How do I enable it? Do I need YAHM or something like it?
    Yes.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    I have here a patched version of FieldPlus that uses the fast methods to hook the event queue. It is entirely experimental and somewhat of a 'dirty hack,' but it seems to work for me.

Where did you get the source to FieldPlus? Or is this done without access to the source somehow?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    See posts #136, #143-#145, #147.

Yeah, but TreoKeyHack does a lot more than KeyCaps. What produces a larger hit, TreoKeyHack by itself or Modded KeyCaps + Modded FieldPlus + SupressKeyClick Sound + Some kind of Volume Scroller all enabled? It's worth the 1-second hit IMO now that I have my K Launch functionality back.
    I answered my own question:

TreoKeyHack + CutPaste5 + KB LightsOff (non-Auto Mode) + Butler = 520 tics

Modded KeyCaps + Modded Field Plus + CutPaste5 + KB LightsOff (non-Auto Mode) + SupressKeyClick Sound + Butler = 514 tics.

doomsey's KeyCaps has the 10ms increments I want too. Nice work doomsey!
    Last edited by aldamon; 07/22/2005 at 03:19 PM.
    holy cow, i used doomsey's modded keycaps650, modded field plus, and modded keyshade hack, and my fone has went from something like almost 200 seconds down to 5. This is INCREDIBLE

*edit, i dun remember the actually seconds before, maybe 100 seconds, but in the 100-200 range

*another edit, Before when i turn on PXA clocker the phone app is lightning fast. Now, the scrolling of the phone app is about the same even after PXA clocker, something to do with the modded field plus for sure, but i don't know how this impacts other aspects of the phone. But loading pic in Media is lightning fast now, i get the "please wait" for just a flash before the pics are loaded to the next one. Also loading apps seems way faster.
    Last edited by chenling; 07/22/2005 at 02:07 PM.
    I answered my own question:

TreoKeyHack + CutPaste5 + KB LightsOff (non-Auto Mode) + Butler = 520 tics

Modded KeyCaps + Modded Field Plus + CutPaste5 + KB LightsOff (non-Auto Mode) + SupressKeyClick Sound + Butler = 464 tics.

doomsey's KeyCaps has the 10ms increments I want too. Nice work doomsey!
    What is this K Launch thing about? The only added bonus to the hack seems to be the volume scroll (and suppress key click, which I can use that other hack for) but why is that better/different from using the 5 way to scroll? I can't figure out how the shift plus arrows is supposed to work. (I'm tired). Using KeyCaps, KeyShade and Snap!Clip, with the SuppressKeyClick hack I am down to 3 (sometimes 2) seconds.
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 07/22/2005 at 02:12 PM.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    K Launch is only a small part of Butler. Butler offers a lot of options and uses hede as efficiently as possible:

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/

Shows up as 'Butler' m68k 644DDA30 in PI.

When K Launch is enabled, the shortcuts set in the Phone app will launch from within any program. So if I have the letter F assigned to Filez, I can launch it from within any program by holding F. Of course, this conflicted with holding the F for KeyCaps until I enabled the Ignore option in Butler.
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast