Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    Also, if you use the command bar activation mode of snapcalc, it doesn't hook hede.

Wow, that worked even for snap dates! Treonavitext seems a one of a kind app and there seems to be no replacement . Anyone using this app too? Textplus and clippro (with command bar and menu options off) are a must on my device. Besides, having those two running just contribute 20 secs.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Treonavitext seems a one of a kind app and there seems to be no replacement . Anyone using this app too?
    The latest version of Fieldplus seems to be doing just what Treonavitext does, ie move from one word to another using option+ left/right.
    Unfortunately , field plus also uses sublaunch callback and contributed 52 seconds on my speed test. I'll contact rns and inform them on the problem.
    TreoKeyHack 0.4.1

http://yahm.palmoid.com/TreoKeyHack.prc

* significant speed improve (PrefGetAppPreferences call on each event was removed)
    * "Suppress key click" optional now

Speed test C source:
    http://wiki.palmoid.com/?SpeedTest
    A little tool to understand meaning of SpeedTest statistic.

http://yahm.palmoid.com/CalcEvents.prc

Click activation button once, event timer turns on. Click second time and hack show you event statistic: time and event count.

Activation button: record for TT, back for Clie, volUp for Treo. If something catch those buttons, you can activate statistic with Find button.

Sample values:
    MemoPad (treo 600): 97 events, 40 sec, 2 ev/sec
    Treo Camera (treo 600): 297 events, 16 sec, 18 ev/sec
    Bejeweled (nx60): 1080 events, 27 sec, 40 ev/sec

If speed test shows 60 sec per 10000 events, each event eats up 0.006 sec. Bejeweled slowdown 0.006 * 40 = 0.24 sec per sec. Treo camera slowdown 0.1 sec per sec

If speed test shows 600 sec per 10000 events, each event eats up 0.06 sec. Bejeweled slowdown 0.006 * 40 = 2.4 sec per sec. Treo camera slowdown 1 sec per sec.

Is's approximate calcualtions, but it's close to truth.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_n
    TreoKeyHack 0.4.1

* significant speed improve (PrefGetAppPreferences call on each event was removed)

Speed test C source:
    Only a 1-second hit now. Nice! Now that the Timeout/Delay go from 100 - 500 is there any chance you could change the increment from 50ms to 10ms? It would allow more fine-tuning.

Now I have to decide if I want to use Butler's K Launch or TreoKeyHack's Hold option. Butler doesn't allow me to configure the Delay for K Launch.
    Last edited by aldamon; 07/21/2005 at 07:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Unfortunately , field plus also uses sublaunch callback and contributed 52 seconds on my speed test. I'll contact rns and inform them on the problem.
    Igor's TreoKeyHack easily replaces Fieldplus with only a 1-second hit but it looks like neither can replace Treonavitext's functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    I installed it and it works great except it seems to shut off the system sounds (start up, shutdown, "click" sound). When I enable it, it cuts all those sounds off. I then disable it, do a soft reset to get the sound back and all is fine.

Any suggestions?

Sorry for the cross post...I am desperate
    Sorry to rain on everyone's parade.........

I have to agree with what was said above and add.........

After installing the Hack I have noticed my Treo crashes during the updates/sync of Documents to Go.

When the hack is disabled all is well.

I will try the latest version and maybe install Crash to see If I can give you some sort of feedback on what is causing the crash.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    Sorry to rain on everyone's parade.........

I have to agree with what was said above and add.........

After installing the Hack I have noticed my Treo crashes during the updates/sync of Documents to Go.

When the hack is disabled all is well.

I will try the latest version and maybe install Crash to see If I can give you some sort of feedback on what is causing the crash.
    Quick solution" turn on YAHM option "Disable on hotsync". Please list versions of used programs: YAHM, D2G.
    ok, another new version of keycaps:
    * reduced overhead on the specific case benchmarked by the Speed Test
    * fixed phone incoming call bug
    * fixed Alt and 0 weirdness on T650

Please let me know of any problems, especially on a Treo 600 as I can't test that code.

http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanook
    Butler does this and more.

I would like to add my voice to the requests for a double click timing of shorter than 400ms. 220ms was my ideal timing in KeyCaps650.
    I have Butler. I don't use KeyLaunch because it takes the action that the key you are pressing would normally do, before launching the app assigned to that key. I'm talking about a press and hold solution, would be happy if it only applied to the normal hard buttons (including vol keys).
    Quote Originally Posted by WPWoodJr
    I have Butler. I don't use KeyLaunch because it takes the action that the key you are pressing would normally do, before launching the app assigned to that key. I'm talking about a press and hold solution, would be happy if it only applied to the normal hard buttons (including vol keys).
    Hmm. That's a good idea, and I have about half the code required to do that written already for keyshades. I'll give it some thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    ok, another new version of keycaps:
    * reduced overhead on the specific case benchmarked by the Speed Test
    * fixed phone incoming call bug
    * fixed Alt and 0 weirdness on T650

Please let me know of any problems, especially on a Treo 600 as I can't test that code.

http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm
    Thanks for your work on KeyCaps600 doomsey!

As requested, here's some Treo 600 feedback:

I've hotsync'd your modified version 3 times just now and there is no icon to select it and modify the options... hey the Palm taxi just went by!

I deleted everything related to KeyCaps600 with FileZ and resync'd it again but still no icon.

Your version with the Favourites/Speed Dial fix is most welcome indeed.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    TreoKeyHack 0.4.1

Speed test C source:
    Wow - congratulations, my Media application test (which times the time to move between two Treo 650 camera images in full screen mode) shows that enabling TreoKeyHack now has negligble performance impact. The average time to move between images is 1.5 secs (based on an average of 5 trials). With the previous version, it was 1.75 secs.

I like this test because it measures something in a real application that I am interested in, rather than an arbitrary time to process 10,000 key events.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    A little tool to understand meaning of SpeedTest statistic.

http://yahm.palmoid.com/CalcEvents.prc

Click activation button once, event timer turns on. Click second time and hack show you event statistic: time and event count.

Activation button: record for TT, back for Clie, volUp for Treo. If something catch those buttons, you can activate statistic with Find button.

Sample values:
    MemoPad (treo 600): 97 events, 40 sec, 2 ev/sec
    Treo Camera (treo 600): 297 events, 16 sec, 18 ev/sec
    Bejeweled (nx60): 1080 events, 27 sec, 40 ev/sec

If speed test shows 60 sec per 10000 events, each event eats up 0.006 sec. Bejeweled slowdown 0.006 * 40 = 0.24 sec per sec. Treo camera slowdown 0.1 sec per sec

If speed test shows 600 sec per 10000 events, each event eats up 0.06 sec. Bejeweled slowdown 0.006 * 40 = 2.4 sec per sec. Treo camera slowdown 1 sec per sec.

Is's approximate calcualtions, but it's close to truth.
    OK, so I tried this hack. For some reason, activating it via either method on my Treo 650 (vol up or Find button) enables the menu for iShortCut. In any case, I had some unexpected results.

Since I had determined earlier that VolKeys and KeyCaps600 were slowing down the Media app significantly (3.8 seconds to move between two images in full screen mode vs 1.5 without VolKeys and KeyCaps), I expected to see lots of events being generated when I enabled those apps and ran my Media test. But the number of events was the same, just the time to move between images got longer. Any ideas what's going on here? If its not events that's slowing the Media app, what is?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    Butler doesn't allow me to configure the Delay for K Launch.
    Sure it does - its the "number of repeats before launch" option.
    Wow - congratulations, my Media application test (which times the time to move between two Treo 650 camera images in full screen mode) shows that enabling TreoKeyHack now has negligble performance impact. The average time to move between images is 1.5 secs (based on an average of 5 trials). With the previous version, it was 1.75 secs.

I like this test because it measures something in a real application that I am interested in, rather than an arbitrary time to process 10,000 key events.
    So with the revised KeyCaps650 we don't need TreoKeyHack right?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Since I had determined earlier that VolKeys and KeyCaps600 were slowing down the Media app significantly (3.8 seconds to move between two images in full screen mode vs 1.5 without VolKeys and KeyCaps), I expected to see lots of events being generated when I enabled those apps and ran my Media test. But the number of events was the same, just the time to move between images got longer. Any ideas what's going on here? If its not events that's slowing the Media app, what is?
    Wrong suggestion. Event count basically doesn't depend on hede handlers. Heavvy hede handlers increases time of event retrieving. You got the same event count but total handling time increases.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    So with the revised KeyCaps650 we don't need TreoKeyHack right?
    Well, they do more or less the same things. igor's hack doesn't support short intervals; keycaps doesn't support the navigation functions. Both are much faster than the original keycaps; the hack may be slightly faster but I haven't tested igor's fixed version.

All things being equal, I'd rather stick with documented interfaces myself.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Wrong suggestion. Event count basically doesn't depend on hede handlers. Heavvy hede handlers increases time of event retrieving. You got the same event count but total handling time increases.
    Of course! Thanks, I wasn't thinking it through.
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast