Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_n
    I had written a hack with KeyCaps functionality few time ago. If anyone interested, I can publish it.
    Let's see it. Maybe it will work better than keycaps650.
    For those who are running ClipPro, it was my culprit to crashing. Took me a while to figure it out, so hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    I wish I could answer that for you. For the last few days at least, I've been able to run 1.9.46 repeatedly without any problem. Before that I had 1.9.2 and it consistently crashed before it got to the main screen on both Sprint/cdma 1.08 and 1.12fw. However, others have had completely different experiences, so it's hard to say.
    I found a post by Igor which might help explain why PI crashes for some 650 owners and not for others. See this thread

Not entirely sure what you can do about the problem, but if it's related to the amount of free cache available, you might be able to disable a couple of apps to make more cache free and then try PI. Obviously, this approach won't work for all apps.
    OK...my turn. I find under hede: Snap!Clip, 2Day, Keyshade Hack and KeyCaps600
    I like/need all of those. My score for speed is 11367 tics, 113 secs. Is that bad?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by aldamon
    scandelex, you don't have to go without VolumeCare. The newer versions don't use hede any more. Version 3.06 just came out today:

http://www.gotreosoftware.com/module...download&cid=6
    Thanks Aldamon. I use a BT headset more than I use a wired one, so I am not missing VC. I look into again when Jeff gets around to his BT work.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Wow, removed the PalmWireless keyboard application and went from 45s to 1s. I hardly use the keyboard since I found HandShare program so no big loss!
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    OK...my turn. I find under hede: Snap!Clip, 2Day, Keyshade Hack and KeyCaps600
    I like/need all of those. My score for speed is 11367 tics, 113 secs. Is that bad?
    1.) That's interesting. I use 2Day and it isn't using hede on my Treo. You might want to play around with 2Day's configuration and see what's causing it to use hede. Maybe it's a plugin? I don't know.

2.) I believe you're stuck with keycaps unless igor can come through with an alternative. Stay tuned to this thread.

3.) Keyshades can be replaced with KBLights Off as long as Auto Mode is not used.

4.) I looked up Snap!Clip and it seems like a pretty old hack. Are you sure there's nothing else out there that does the same thing?
    1.) That's interesting. I use 2Day and it isn't using hede on my Treo. You might want to play around with 2Day's configuration and see what's causing it to use hede. Maybe it's a plugin? I don't know.

2.) I believe you're stuck with keycaps unless igor can come through with an alternative. Stay tuned to this thread.

3.) Keyshades can be replaced with KBLights Off as long as Auto Mode is not used.

4.) I looked up Snap!Clip and it seems like a pretty old hack. Are you sure there's nothing else out there that does the same thing?
    Thanks for your input Aldamon. Only plugin I use for 2Day is 4cast. I tried unchecking a bunch of choices I had made and still it shows up in hede

KBLights Off is not freeware right? I don't want to be investing in a new pgm just for that for now.

If anyone knows of another program that does what Snap!Clip does (when you highlight any text it automatically brings up a menu at the bottom to choose to cut it, paste it or copy it), please let me know. Thanks.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Hi,

2day is using 'hede' only if you select to loop through more than one view in 2day's "Operation" preferences page.
    It needs to use it to allow this looping through several views of the second application (Calendar ? Agendus ?...)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    From looking at snap!clips description, it sounds like it's something like keycaps that is reliant on knowing when there's input.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I have Sprint 650 1.0.8. PI 1.9.46 would reset treo everytime time I launch it. Installed PI 1.9.2 and it runs fine.

I have the following under hede:
    clippro
    keycaps 650
    shortcut5
    fieldplus
    McPhling

Speed test result:
    12566 126

I use these apps and reluctant to delete them. I disabled the ones I could and the only noticeable difference in speed is in the pics and video app. You can use Resco viewer instead which is really fast.

What other difference do you notice when you get it down to 1 second? Is it worth deleting all the apps that's under hede to get to 1 sec?
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    After playing around with my Treo 600 for one whole night, disabling and enabling them back to check my test speed, here's my latest result (I only got to as low 323 secs though because I can't live with some of the programs)(my initial test speed is 605 secs):

disabling-----------seconds
    snapcalc5-----------520
    treoguard-----------433
    fieldplus-------------370
    treonavitext---------315
    scrolljump------------253
    shortcut5------------196
    screenshot-----------126
    lightwav--------------72

But since I can't live without lightwav, shortcut5, scrolljump and fieldplus, I reenabled them. And the speed with them reenabled is 323 secs But when the test speed was at 72 secs, I did test playing Pocket Tunes while writing using Jot. I did notice improved performance where every pen-stroke reacts faster.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Hi,

2day is using 'hede' only if you select to loop through more than one view in 2day's "Operation" preferences page.
    It needs to use it to allow this looping through several views of the second application (Calendar ? Agendus ?...)
    There you go TheTreoGuy. I figured it was a random setting somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    What other difference do you notice when you get it down to 1 second? Is it worth deleting all the apps that's under hede to get to 1 sec?
    I choose to support programs that do not slow down my handheld, but I use Nesem a lot and the framerate depends on the CPU. Maybe the developers of these programs could make them more efficient? It's worth a shot.
    oook.

so, I made some changes to keyshades to make it take less time to process in the event loop.

let me know how it works out.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_n
    I had written a hack with KeyCaps functionality few time ago. If anyone interested, I can publish it.
    Yes.
    wow... I don't install a great many hacks on my Treo -- just LEDOff and VolumeCare probably fall into that category -- but I thought for sure that my always on ChatterEmail and VeriChat might be doing *something* in the background.

And yet a speed test yielded 112 ticks (1 second). Nice
    this is even more experimental.

since keycaps600 was GPL, it was possible to make exactly the same changes to keycaps600 as keyshades.

It seems to work for me, anyway. No promises. It's still kinda slow, but quite a bit faster than it was.

(edit: added '650' version that I think disables the sound manipulation. it may or may not be identical to the actual KeyCaps650, since the author never released the source for that...)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by doomsey; 07/18/2005 at 09:30 PM.
    Nope, still listed under hede. . . I would be surprised if it could work without keeping track of keypresses.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Nope, still listed under hede. . . I would be surprised if it could work without keeping track of keypresses.
    Of course they're still under hede. But these versions of keyshades and keycaps both hook hede differently (note all the other information to the right of the name of the application) - this method is quite a bit lower overhead than the old way. This brings keyshades+butler down to 6s.

Keycaps600 is still pretty slow (~30sec, down from 75). I see some things I could change to make it faster, but it's not my program and I'm not quite that industrious
    Last edited by doomsey; 07/18/2005 at 09:36 PM.
    hrm. . . should just rig keycaps to be program specific than, I don't program at all, so I haven't an ideo of the difficulty involved. But with things like udmh, pxaclacker, and the other text apps I don't think it's too too difficult.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast